1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Minneapolis Star Tribune: Mobley on the Block

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, Dec 28, 2003.

1. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Houston scorer Cuttino Mobley has been the target of numerous trade calls, while San Antonio is said to be shopping Hedo Turkoglu because, it turns out, he doesn't really fit the Spurs' system.

This offically supports are dreams of Mobley being traded. Thank god cause he is a selfish stupid girl.

2. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Member

3. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Member

I've heard it before.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

So Christmas could come late this year...

5. HtownRocks

HtownRocks Member

Thats BS. He made a mistake. Other players that will go down in the HOF have made sillier mistakes. We wouldn't have half the wins we have now if Mobley wasn't on our team. He is about the only pure shooter we have on our team, with the exception of Pike. Without Mobley's scoring, we'd be down in the lower 70's in ppg average.

6. Sane

Sane Member

No one said we're cutting Mobley. Without Mobley, we'd have added another piece while keeping in mind our offensive woes. Meaning, we get something back in return for Mobley not being here.

I'd dangle Mobley in front of the Pacers for Al Harrington. Maybe the Jazz will give us Harpring and a pick? How about Mobley for Fizer and Eddie Robinson?

I think right now, we absolutely NEED to contact the Raptors about MoPete and Alvin Williams. (Mobley + Meech for Alvin + MoPete works capwise btw)

7. saleem

saleem Member

Numerous trade calls doesn't neccessarily mean that the Rockets want to trade him. I want him to stay on the team unless we can get a better player who can fit the team quickly.
    Even if this news item is true I think most teams will be trying to trade players who aren't doing well on the Rockets.
    The organization has to be very careful in making a move at this point IMO.

8. Sane

Sane Member

Could someone post the article and save everyone the registration process?

9. Man

Man Member

Al Harrington sucked when he played against Houston. He looks smaller than Mo Taylor..but he has done pretty well overall this season.

I would love to have Harping and a pick for Mobley. Fizer and Eddie Robinson would not be too bad either. MoPete and Alvin Williams would be good too.

10. pasox2

pasox2 Member
    Supporting Member

I want Ron Artest and Kurt Thomas. That hasn't changed. Both are targets with Cuttino.

Strong, tough guys will remake this team and allow JVG to play his game effectively.

11. Sane

Sane Member

Artest just publicly announced that he doesn't want to be in set plays, which is exactly what we run the whole time.

Kurt Thomas would be nice, but why the hell would they want Mobley when they have Shandon and Allan Houston already?

I want Alvin Williams and Mo Pete though. Both these guys can fill huge needs, Alvin would allow Steve to operate more freely or not, and MoPete is a great shooter, always a plus in a big man's game.

12. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Member

i like the size of williams, and mopetes youth, but they are also disgusting shooters. add them to an already bad shooting team and that is trouble

13. saleem

saleem Member

Mo-Pete is struggling with his scoring and although Alvin Williams is getting back into shape and would fit in as a PG for us he is coming off ankle injuries.

14. Sane

Sane Member

Obviously, you're judging only by THIS year's numbers (not play).

Since the trade, they've both been superb. As for career numbers, I'm more interested in Alvin Williams asst/to ratio. His career FG% is BARELY under Mobley's. Mo Pete is known for his shooting so I won't even bother with that. The reason his FG% is relatively low is because he takes so many shots from far out, which is what we need for spacing.

These two guys adress a major need, I'd be absolutely thriled to have them.

It doesn't hurt that Alvin is 6'5, meaning he can guard 2's and run the point.

15. saleem

saleem Member

Sane, if they are doing well since the trade why would the Raptors trade either of them for Mobley?

16. Sane

Sane Member

saleem,

By your logic, no one would ever be traded. Because: why would good players be traded, and who would take bad players?

In this case, Rose wants to play the PG position and so does Alvin, although he's complying. MoPete has been on and off the trading block since last year.

Meech would play some minutes behind their weak as hell C rotation (Bosh and Micheal Bradley I believe). I think he can definitely contribute 10-15 minutes a night for them, just garbage minutes and stuff. As for Mobley, he'd play the 2 and make them contenders. The way they're playing, swapping Mobes for MoPete and Alvin would send them over the top.

17. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

People calling about him does not mean the Rockets are looking to trade him, it means other teams want him. If the Rockets were calling other teams about him, that would mean they want to trade him.

18. DCkid

DCkid Member

Exactly. I don't think Mobley is on the block as the thread title suggests.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

what the hell has al harrington done for folx to be high on him?

Rocket River
    Bender either for that matter

20. Codman

Codman Member

I promise that the Rockets offense will greatly suffer if Mobley is traded. Which other player has been more consistent than him this year? Everyone should hope that Cat stays a Rocket....he will be very valuable when the Rox make the playoffs.

Cod