1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Millsap?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JD88, Jun 28, 2017.

1. JD88

JD88 Member

Why no thread? Personally, I think he'd be a better fit for our team anyway.

George is a one year rental and Melo is... well, point is, Millsap is the man we need. Don't need to run the offense through him, but can get you buckets. Good range. Smart on defense.

He'd be a great fit, especially if he can run at the 5 for stretches.

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Probably because he is our Plan C, maybe even D depending on whether or not you prefer him or Ibaka or even Melo. Plan B at this point is Hayward/George/Porzingis. Plan C would be Ibaka/Millsap/Olympic Melo. Plan D would be the likes of Galli.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

I would take George over Millsap but Millsap over Melo.

Millsap would also work pretty well as a small ball 5, and in general he would bring some toughness we absolutely need imo.

Don't get me wrong, i'd still take Melo, but i'd like to have some fighters in this team.

mikol13 likes this.
  4. chenjy9

Supporting Member

One can always use guerrilla units in their squad and Melo is the type of player that would slap someone and run away. Hit-and-run tactics are always effective.

Vivi likes this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Hayward isn't an option (not even giving us a meeting) and neither is Porzingis. Knicks aren't trading him and if they were they'd want something more than our garbage.

Right now it's probably Paul George target number 1 and then after that it's explore every option and see what you can make work.

6. chenjy9

Supporting Member

They may not be possible, but you can bet Morey has been trying. Things can only be said to be impossible after you give up.

7. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Millsap will be free agent target #1 via sign-and-trade scenarios.

8. JD88

JD88 Member

Let's be realistic here.

There's a small chance we land George. There's zero chance we land Hayward or Griffin or LeBron or whoever.

But making moves to have the room to sign Ibaka or Millsap is a real option. I can see Ibaka staying in Toronto, but if Millsap wants any chance to win a ring, it's going to be in Houston with the lineup we have, barring him going to Golden State.

I think Millsap at the 4 is the piece we need. He does everything that Anderson does, and everything that Anderson doesn't. And he's a realistic option.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He's not a great shooter. Even if he goes back to hitting 35%, that's a big difference. I'd absolutely take Millsap, but he's not the offense stretch four that Ryno is. Two straight years now...32% and 31%.

10. chenjy9

Supporting Member

You seem to be mistaken. I want Millsap... badly. I would also like Ibaka. I just won't make a thread about it.