1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MidSeason Report Cards

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2010/01/rocket_report_cards.php

I didn't post them all, but click the link so Sean gets credit and read the rest

ALSO!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/britt_robson/01/21/midseason.grades/index.html

2. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Second highest grade. Not bad.

3. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Ariza - B . . .

a B . . .

seriously....

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Man I really cant say I agree with the high grades... Ariza is more like a C, Scola isn't producing as expected, he isn't an A-... Andersen had high expectations by so many (not me), he seems rated high.

5. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Member

While I agree that Trevor has good value, he still pisses me off. I'd give him a C+, it's all about shot selection when it comes to Ariza.

I want to see his shooting percentages rise, and if they don't, I can't see him being upgraded to a B anytime soon.

7. mjhaver5

mjhaver5 Member

ok seriously ariza a b??????

i would rank him D, he continually thinks he's kobe and takes as many shots as him, makes several defensive mistakes, cannot dribble, has been shooting awful percentages from EVERYWHERE...where else in a game could you possibly mess up

scola doesn't deserve an a- especially because he hasn't been doing much besides the stat sheet....stat sheets can be very misleading...scola hasn't been scoring the same way he used to (obviously cause of no yao ming.) also scola in several games this season has gone cold in essential parts of the game...many teams have even give him shots cause he has been so inconsistent on his shooting...i would grade scola a B.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I don't see how Ariza can get anything higher than a C and that is being very generous. I would give him a D because he does rebound the ball, defends most of the time and hasn't brought any guns to the arena.

His offense is an F. No one can argue that with a straight face.

9. jackie_moon23

jackie_moon23 Member

Luis Scola is averaging 15 ppg and 8.8 rebs on over 50% shooting. He's having his best season thus far and deserves an A- every day of the week.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Member

Sorry but Ariza gets a D-

11. joesr

joesr Member

Ariza, screw these haters.

You and Battier are on the same lvl, so if he gets a B, then you get one.

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Oh pleeease.

Battier knows what he can and cant do, and he doesnt attempt to do things he cant do.

Call me the first time Battier drives wildly into the teeth of the defense and pivots around like a mental patient looking for somewhere to throw the ball, only to end up throwing it in the general direction of the rim....and the inevitable turnover.

13. CDrex

CDrex Member

Not HORRIBLE grades, but Lowry and Ariza getting the same grade kind of offends me. Kyle's been our MVP every third game, can only say that for a game or two the whole season for Trevor.

14. joesr

joesr Member

Please you too.

Battier still trying to dribble, oh same as Ariza??? Call me crazy....or call you guys blinded and blaming the new guy.

Battier shooting air balls. Oh call me crazy....or call you guys on blaming the easiest thing.

Battiers defense on the decline. Ariza playing lazy defense. Same.

Battier hands in the face doing nothing anymore.

Battier gets help defense blocks. Ariza gets fast lane steals.

Im sorry but you guys are fools. You pick the easiest target and are set in stone.

The only difference here is that Ariza makes less.

Oh and call me crazy again but I am getting sick of Battiers foul but let him continue shooting crap. Oh please....

sickening.

15. joesr

joesr Member

Lowry should have gotten a B+ or A-.

He still has a lot of weakness but he is playing better then Battier and ARiza (who both got B's)

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

That made me laugh out loud and caused my coworker to ask "what the heck are you giggling at?"

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Please you three.

Ariza shoots more than TWICE as many times as Battier each game. He also average 2 1/2 more turnovers. The guy is a nightmare on offense who thinks he is Mr. Efficiency.

You can't put a value on a player knowing his role. Unfortunately, it's painful to watch a guy who doesn't know his.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

My grades, with college-style grade inflation. ;) Not bothering with the guys outside the rotation, who would probably get low grades if we ever got to see them play.

Aaron Brooks: A-. Doing well with all the responsibility he's been given, especially considering he's a late 1st rounder. But, some late-game meltdowns have been his fault, so I dinged him a little.

Kyle Lowry: A. Considering the trade that brought him and our expectations of him coming from the Grizzlies' bench (and what we pay him), he's been great. If he was the starter, I might have complaints; but as a back-up, he's more than you can ask for.

Trevor Ariza: B-. Disagree with the bashers on Ariza, mostly where it comes to expectations. One can't help but notice he falls far short of mint McGrady production, but he can't be expected to fill those shoes. For an MLE, he's been a solid contributor. The only unfortunate part is that he's been given more offensive responsibility than he can handle because of the absence of our stars. I ding him for not being able to handle it all, but I wouldn't have expected him to be able to anyway.

Shane Battier: B. Still doing what he does. If there was ever a season for Battier to take on more responsibility in the offense though, this one is it.

Chase Budinger: A. When the team is concerned about missing production when a second-round rookie has an injury, how can you give anything besides an A?

Luis Scola: B. He's been solid, but I was honestly expecting more production from him as the primary big man with Yao out.

Carl Landry: A. Stealing Scola's spot as the primary big man with Yao out. There's still some things I wish he could be better on, but he's definitely stepped up and taken advantage of his opportunity.

Chuck Hayes: A-. Appreciate his steady contributions and his unusual skillset. Also, since his limitations on offense and size are well-known and immutable, it wouldn't be fair to expect more than he gives. Still, I have to ding him some for those limitations given that he is the starter.

David Andersen: A-. Given that he's a rookie coming from a foreign league and bought on the cheap, I didn't expect he'd have a big impact on the team this season -- if ever. But, he's been a solid rotation guy.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Chuck wagon > battier on defense and offense. How come nobody in the nba is amazed a 6'6 is guarding centers? I remember everyone talking about Ben Wallace.

20. joesr

joesr Member

OMG

Your acting as if this is the role that was not given to him?!?!?!

Are you serious. Do you pay attn to DM or RA?? Apparently not since they put it out SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many times this is his role THEY gave him. They want to see what he can do.

Let me direct this question to you Mr. Fan.

How can anyone, especially you since you so said it. Be a fan. Be so proud of RA. Chant DA names in praise. But then say TA doesnt know his role?? TA didnt say IM DOING THIS. RA and DM said it. Countless times. Whose fault is it if he KEEPS MISSING.

A) TA
    B) DM
    C) RA
    D) B and C

Ding!@ B and C Mr Rockets fan. If TA is sucking up take him out. But no. They want to see what he can do, put him in a better role next year when we have better suitors.

If you pay attn to other Rocket situations ie RA and DM you would know this. le sigh