1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Metal Mania" on VH1 right now

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jeffster, May 6, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Jeffster

Jeffster Contributing Member

The show kicked off with "Bark at the Moon" by Ozzy. Now THAT is a classic video! :D

And now Motley Crue doing martial arts..it only gets better...

2. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I love that show. Those are the glory days of music.

3. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Can't wait unil CREED is on there...

4. Jeffster

Haha..I had to laugh earlier they were showing "Surviving Nugent" and in one scene they were playing Creed, and I was like "somehow I don't picture Ted listening to Creed. :p

5. Aceshigh7

I never said Creed was a great band. Just about any marginal 80's metal band is better than them. All I was trying to get at was that Creed was better than just about all the popular rock music in the late 90's and even today.

Creed < Bands like Accept, Bang Tango, Whitesnake, Tesla, etc.

Creed > Stuff that masquerades as decent music lately like Pearl Jam, Oasis, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Coldplay

6. Jeffster

I haven't heard Pearl Jam's newest album, but Vitalogy and No Code were both much better than anything I've heard by Creed.

7. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Dude, you are so not helping your case....

8. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Yeah, those guys are all over the radio these days. :rolleyes:

It just gets worse and worse.

Aces, Coldplay may be gayer than gay, but even Chris Martin could beat Scott Stapp in an arm-wrestling contest.

And we all know Carrie Fisher can beat Scott at poker.

9. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Dog turds > cat turds

10. Aceshigh7

I don't know what stations you're listening to, but you can't turn on 94.5, 103.7, 104.1, 106.1, or 96.5 without hearing that crap.

I mean, seriously, stuff like "Black Hole Sun", "Jeremy", & "Come As You Are" sucked when they came out, do we really need to continue to hear that crap in rotation years later?

11. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

Since Creed owes almost the entirety of its sound to Pearl Jam, I can't begin to fathom how you could argue that their best song could even begin to approach Pearl Jam's worst offering.

Creed tried to recreate Ten. Stapp tried in vain to mimic Eddie Vedder's vocals. In that regard they may have "succeed" in some folk's eyes...and I guess they did if you fail to consider one or two things about PJ/masqueradors may offer over Creed including...

1. credibility,
    2. a charasmatic, sincere frontman lacking a messiah complex
    3. a catalog of eight studio albums, countless singles, bootlegs, and b-sides
    4. some of the best live shows going today --- never less than 2:30 hr in length
    5. two of the best guitarists of the best twenty years --- mccready and gossard
    6. critical and peer acclaim --- how many times did Creed play with Neil Young, Robert Plant, Bono or get a four star review in RS?
    7. fifteen years of longevity and counting
    8. partial responsibility for starting an entire new genre of music in the early '90's --- only to evolve with each succesive album
    9. following of loyal fans not usually seen in rock music, compared to and rivaled only by those of jam bands such as the Dead, Phish, etc.
    10. and last but certainly not least...no current members are opening up for the TV version of INXS --- sorry Scott

So, other than that, I suppose you're right. :rolleyes:

12. Aceshigh7

I just don't get the Creed-Pearl Jam comparison.

They sound completely different to me.

Creed's music sounds much tighter and crisper. Pearl Jam really lacks when it comes to musicianship.

13. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're kidding, right?

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Wait....................

He just...

said...

Whitesnake > Creed > Alice in Chains?

There are not enough ellipses in the present universe to gauge the disbelief
    I'm feeling.

Have you ever even heard a ****ing Alice in Chains album?

Creed? CREED?

Oh God, Oh God. I don't know whether to laugh or prevent my head from exploding.

15. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

dammit, just shut up..... you sound like an idiot.

never have i thought someone's opinions could be "wrong," but your opinions on music straddle that line.

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

wow...all those bands are a huge step above whatever crap creed has ever put out.

17. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

18. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Ok, maybe you should stop listening to "classic rock" radio -- which has decided to add 90s music to the playlist.

I can imagine all of us, in Members Only jackets and goofy haircuts, having this sort of conversation in 1982.

Galagahighscore1200: I'm not saying Styx is the greatest band ever, but they are wayyy more rad than Zeppelin, the Who, James Gang, Thin Lizzy, and all that crap that is on radio now. I mean, 'Misty Mountain Hop,' 'Baba O'Riley,' 'Funk #49' and 'Cowboy Song' sucked in the 70s, man, why do we have to hear that crap now?

ArchiesPlace19: Dude, just give it up.

Alonzo Bradley: You're a moron.

Jeffster likes this.
  19. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

CalvinGarrett00: Funk 49 is fun to play on the guitar, espeically that little key-change middle part.

20. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Aceshigh7 is the one poster I can guarantee disagreeing with on almost every issue...D&D....Hangout...whatever.

I guess the only common ground is we are both Rockets fans who have been to an Iron Maiden concert.