1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mem. Commercial Appeal] Stoudamire actually committed, finally...?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Drexlerfan22, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Didn't see this posted.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/grizzlies/article/0,1426,MCA_475_3973767,00.html

The link is to a paysite, which I don't have access to... I saw the article linked from that site which is for some reason censored on this board, but anyway... here's the relevant excerpt:

"The complicated transaction that includes 13 players will also serve as a precursor to the Grizzlies signing a deal with free-agent point guard Damon Stoudamire. A four-year, $17 million contract will be made final soon."

On the one hand I still want him, but on the other hand I wouldn't mind if it was finally over at this point so we could move on to other things.

2. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Definitely see the possibility of DS signing with the Grizz now. They are in need of a point to replace JW and still have their MLE to sign DS with.

#2 tiger0330, Aug 3, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2005
  3. T-Dogg

T-Dogg Member

The Grizzlies wouldn't have traded their starting point guard if they didn't have one already in place. Come on this is Jerry West, the guy who stole Kobe from the Hornets and got Shaq to come to LA. I just like to reiterate, Damon was in Houston, all the Rockets fans, rooting for him to come here, what else was he going to say.

4. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I'm not saying that they aren't going to sign Stoudamire, but they do have Bobby Jackson, who they could start at PG.

5. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

If he goes, he goes.

Sincerely,
    [​IMG]

6. mtran6

mtran6 Contributing Member

So is it confirm or what?

So is it confirm or what?

With all this talk about D. Stoudamire...some say he's going to memphis...yet he said he hasn't talk to them...and some say he wants to play in Houston...yet no progress on if he is or not...so can anyone out there confirm if he's coming here or is the rumors true about Memphis? Thanks for the help. IMO, I would love to have him here.

7. anitasri

anitasri Member

Raul lopez moved to the Grizz from Utah- did he not? It would un-west like if they traded away J will without a PG!

I was really thinking- if the difference is only 2 million bucks- and if we needed Damon so bad- why not let someone like ward go and add Damon? What is 2 Million for a good PG- I think we should have gotten the East European kid who went to Pacers.

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

not that we needed another thread about this but.......

damon wants to come to houston. houston wants damon. damon won't take the LLE. the rockets can only offer more in a S&T, but portland won't agree to any of the rockets offers (jho, spoon, wesley). it looks like we can forget about damon.

as for memphis. damon never agreed to anything with them. he said that they were an option. i'm sure now that they got rid of jwill they are going to get him, however nothing is done yet.

9. wgray

wgray Member

this sounds like what he did some years back. i didn't think for one second he would be a rocket

10. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Oops, twice jilted at the altar by Damon, we are.

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

does this mean we can start hating him now?

12. droxford

droxford Member

Wait a second here... if the source site is censored on this bbs, then there's a reason for that. It's probably from h00pshype or h00psworld, in which case the article is crap.

What is the information source?

13. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

To be fair, Damon had nothing to do with the 1998 deal going south. Glen Grunwald (the Toronto GM) first leaked the trade to the media (i.e., David Aldridge) in order to see if the news would garner any better deals from other teams, then Grunwald pulled the plug on the deal after the damage had been done. I don't blame Stoudamire for what happened back then. It was Grunwald all the way. Serves Toronto right to be stuck in NBA Hell now.

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Commercial Appeal is the local newspaper in Memphis.

15. droxford

droxford Member

Okay it seemed as if the info source was one of the blocked sites, and that the CommercialAppeal was linking to the blocked site.

It's actually the other way around - the info source is CommercialAppeal and h00pshype has a link to that article in their 'rumors' section.