1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale's Fatherly Instincts piss me off....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Liberon, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I think coach dropped the ball there for his daughter... If he didn't do it for financial reasons to help pay for her costs and other stuff, there's no reason to not attend to an ill daughter an quit basketball altogether.. She had a limited time to live and every moment counts..

I would toss everything I have into a lake for my son who is 3 if he fell ill....

2. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

You have no idea what that mans situation was. You have no idea if she fell ill unexpectedly or if she begged him to keep coaching. This is one of the most ignorant and idiotic threads I have ever seen.

3. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

shame on you Liberon

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

She had lupus for well over a year I heard. I would have quit basketball and used vehicles and housing equiped with everything she needed and toured the world or something... He should have quit right when she was diagnosised with lupus and spent as much time with her as he could possibly until the end...

6. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

People can and do live rich full lives with Lupus, he had no indication that she was going to die suddenly.

With that said, how do you think she would have felt knowing that she kept him from living his life due to her illness? I know if I had a deadly disease or terminal cancer I wouldn't want my entire family there with me every waking moment, frankly that would make me want to just blow my brains out. The best gift my family could do for me would be to go about living their lives, and appreciating the time they have left doing whatever it is they love.

You don't know the details, so you come off like a gigantic ass hat, which means a lot coming from me. Congrats!

1 person likes this.
  7. Major

Major Member

Lupus is not necessarily a terminal disease - she could easily have lived 20 or 30 more years. Without knowing all about her specific circumstances, you're just speculating on things you really have no information about.

8. bongman

bongman Member

Just another incident of a person using his/her own moral standards to judge another persons action :rolleyes:

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Liberon, you dropped the ball.

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

you rly think Liberon's balls have dropped?

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You can say what you would do all you want, but unless you are in his exact situation, you have no idea what you would really do.

12. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

This might be the single dumbest thread in the history of this forum.

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

One of my college professors, the one I worked most closely with, has had Lupus for 25-30 years. He's had health problems associated with it but he's still here. One of my fraternity brothers had lupus well before I met him. 10 years later he's in really good health all things considered.

Lupus isn't something where you go "oh, you have lupus, you're going to die soon". It doesn't work like that. There's no way McHale could have known she'd die so young. It was very plausible that she could have outlived him, even with the disease.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lupus

Seems like due to modern medicine, the vast majority of people with Lupus shouldn't expect to die from it. At least not early on.

#13 Cannonball, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  14. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Boo this man.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You're an idiot.

1 person likes this.
  16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lock 'er up.

17. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

I've never go into the D&D, but I happen to see the title from the last post section and my gosh what an ignorant post.

I highly doubt you know the full detail. The above post states she was hospitalized 2 weeks before and mchale was there the whole time.

18. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Just wanted to stop by again and remind you that you are an idiot.

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Here's a whiff of my fart :grin:

20. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

Congratulations! I believe this might be the first thread ever created in D&D where conservatives and liberals alike agree on one thing.