1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

McCain and Obama release statements for NASA’s 50th

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glad_ken, Aug 4, 2008.

1. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/News/PressReleases/0064ea81-2ddd-4e64-ae9c-2fc032fc77ae.htm

Statement by John McCain on the 50th Anniversary of NASA

ARLINGTON, VA -- U.S. Senator John McCain issued the following statement on the 50th anniversary of NASA:

"Fifty years ago today, President Eisenhower signed the bill that launched the United States on the magnificent journey to space discovery and exploration. In doing so, he sent a powerful message to the world that the United State would harness its creativity, inventiveness and drive to lead all others into this most distant frontier. Since that time, Presidents of both parties have remained steadfast in guaranteeing U.S. leadership in space. Under current plans, the United States will retire the space shuttle in 2010 after its final mission to the international space station, and thus lose the capability to send on our own, an American to space. While my opponent seems content to retreat from American exploration of Space for a decade, I am not. As President, I will act to make ensure our astronauts will continue to explore space, and not just by hitching a ride with someone else. I intend to make sure that the NASA constellation program has the resources it needs so that we can begin a new era of human space exploration. A country that sent a man to the moon should expect no less."

http://www.barackobama.com/2008/07/29/nasas_50th_anniversary_stateme.php

NASA's 50th Anniversary: Statement from Sen. Obama
    Chicago, IL | July 29, 2008
    Chicago, IL -- Senator Obama today released the following statement on the 50th Anniversary of President Dwight D. Eisenhower's signing of the legislation that created the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA):

"Fifty years ago, President Eisenhower officially created the NASA space program, capturing the imagination of generations and inspiring Americans to think bigger, aim higher and believe in a greater tomorrow. When I was young, the astronauts would come to Hawaii after landing in the Pacific Ocean. I remember the incredible inspiration I felt from knowing that these men had gone where few had gone before them.

"In recent years, Washington has failed to give NASA a robust, balanced and adequately funded mission. Though the good people of NASA who work day in and day out on new frontiers are doing amazing things, Americans are no longer inspired as they once were. That's a failure of leadership.

"I believe we need to revitalize NASA's mission to maintain America's leadership, and recommit our nation to the space program, and as President I intend to do just that. We must revive the American ingenuity that led millions of children look to NASA astronauts and scientists as role models and enter the fields of math, engineering and science. Our leadership in the world depends on it."

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

OBAMA.....FTW !

DD