1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs sign Chandler Parsons to 3-year, $46M offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 9, 2014.

1. jsonic6

jsonic6 Member

Getting paid James Harden money...

2. tefunk

tefunk Member

From June. They just wanted to make sure they were at the head of the line.

3. Nieto

Nieto Member

What I can't understand is that Parsons did so much to recruit Dwight... So why would he leave after one year?

4. HOUSTONROCKETS5

This is crazy!

Parsons is going to make more then Harden next year. James ****ing Harden our franchise player!

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

Morey was negotiating with him all day.

Did not get a deal done.

So you're wrong. Parsons owes us nothing just because we made a calculates move.

6. AXG

AXG Member

To screw the Rockets over

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Yup. I don't hate a single team more than I do Dallas. **** them.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

The massive trade kicker is really the pie in the face for Morey from Cuban. Cuban knows Morey about as well as anyone to know that this is going to be a MAJOR deterrent for Morey.

I still think they match (probably knew this was coming), but I wouldn't be shocked now if Morey lets him walk to sign Deng or Pierce if they are willing to come at a major discount to give Houston financial flexibility to upgrade elsewhere.

At the same token if Dallas ends up getting Parsons, and they have a down year, Cuban will be eating his fist in disgust over making a signing based on STRICKLY strewing with the Rockets (never make moves based on EMOTION). No doubt in my mind that this signing was probably 60% about sticking it to Morey. Well... right back in your face Cuban... I hope you like being mediocre.

The FACT is Parsons may be worth overpaying for the Rockets in their current status but Dallas overpaying for Parsons is STUPID. (and I love Parsons)

9. dream2franchise

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Have been hearing for a while that Mavs were eager to turn the tables on the Rockets and put them on the defensive for once.</p>&mdash; David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) <a href="https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/statuses/487014869120466945">July 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

$15 million a year? later parsons

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

if the rockets sign bosh and let him walk his replacement will be a rookie or vet min guy. no mle!

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

lebron and melo are both supposed to make their decisions before the end of the week. we will know by friday if we have bosh (since bosh will know if he is staying in miami with lebron).

if we land bosh, i wouldn't match the offer sheet. let dallas overpay, and use the MLE to get a 3&D SF.

if we strike out on bosh, i would match, then look to trade him in a package for love or rondo.

if we can't land those guys in a trade then i keep parsons because he's the best "3rd star" we could get.

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This. The plan has to be use up whatever available cap space we have and then match Parsons. We might not end up with a Bosh level guy but we are going to get someone then match Parsons.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Money talks. We should have signed him to an extension when we had the chance.

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

Hey if he wants to be a Mav, then let him. He signed with our enemy. I lost all respect for him.

16. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

We have 3 days to match or not...not concerned...if we get bosh, we still match parsons.

17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Dumbasses you don't make business decisions based on emotions

18. haydenfisher342

incoming checkmate via Murray, I trust!

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Member

Also, of course Marc Stein was first to report this lol

20. larsv8

larsv8 Member

You simply don't know what you are talking about.