1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Leinart injury

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by HPD, Nov 27, 2011.

1. magnetik

magnetik Member

Didn't know Yate's had three arms. lol

2. meh

meh Member

WTF? Is this the first sensible post you've ever written about Schaub? Did all the missing rep points suddenly brought you back to your sanity again or something?

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

No, no, I have always said he is crucial, I am just not enamored with him as a player.

But for the Texans they certainly had no one better, and he was good enough to win it all with this team.

DD

4. hairyme

hairyme Member

Leinart's post-game locker room interview was sad. The poor guy had a bunch of mics targeted at his face like an array of phalluses ready to rape his deflated psyche, and all he could do was hide under the bill of a cap as he fought back tears.

Poking fun at hot tub is fun and all, but by all accounts he's been working hard here to resurrect his career. He finally gets a golden opportunity--one he's unlikely to get again--and it unceremoniously ends within 30 min. on the field. You gotta feel bad for the guy!

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Member

I don't feel bad for the guy. I have gotten 0 opportunities to start in the NFL.

6. ThreePointShot

Do you have a link to the interview?

7. cod

cod Member

So you've had a ride in his hot tub? :p

8. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Lol thats messed up... you either don't have the talent, or didn't play/practice/lift/work as much as Leinart did to get where he is.

Don't hate on Leinart, I feel bad for him lol

9. hairyme

hairyme Member

You're a cold heartless b*stard.

Nah, I saw it on ABC13's Inside the Game. The texans' official site should have the video uploaded sometime tomorrow.

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Member

I play Madden football. I'm rdy.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I bet you play it on Rookie.

12. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Member

Damn, Houston can't catch a break...no pun intended...

Well, I feel bad for MattL b/c this was his chance to shine and he got injured...next up, sign a vet..

13. Mashing

Mashing Member

He's just channeling his inner MJ

1 person likes this.
  14. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

Woooooooooooooo !

15. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

If what we saw yesterday from Leinart was in any way indicative of what we could expect from him the rest of the way, I'd say we caught a break. You can't average 4.4 yards/attempt in the NFL. We knew this was an issue with Leinart and he lived up to advanced billing. Yates might do the same; but he also doesn't have 5 years of NFL pounding to make him weary and afraid. If the kid has any confidence and takes some chances, I would wager we have a better chance of winning with Yates than we do Leinart as Matty Check-Down seems Steve Sax-like incapable of throwing the ball more than 5-10 yards, and even then, it's a floater with no zip.

16. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

MarkBermanFox26 Mark Berman
    Gary Kubiak said Matt Leinart has a fractured collarbone and will have to have surgery which ends his season.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Matt has a fracture, which what was believed. Surgery within the week. Very disappointed. We'll move forward. Most important thing for me is moving forward with TJ and Clemens. We will bring another guy in. When? I dont know. Focus is on TJ and Kellen moving forward with ATL. We've talked about a lot of players.

Who looked next best of players brought in last week?

They all did a good job. Garcia, Croyle, Clements all did good things. I have an opinion on them. Other names will come up in the next day or so. We'll have to sort it out. I gotta stay focused with the team.

Clemens #2?

I'll have to see. Depends on what we do. I gotta assume that.

You dont rule out anyone.(re: Favre). We gotta work through the process. Wont rule out or confirm anyone. I gotta focus on TJ.

As we move forward, whoever we bring in, we hope to catch them up quickly. We are going with TJ and it is his job. We will also bring in someone else. We got to find some experience who has been in a few rodeos and are preparing ourself for down the road.

. . .

Obviously I did(dial it back). I was trying to make sure we won the football game. Having 1 QB, I love OD, but not sure he could get us over the top.

. . .

I've been part coach, part counselor in my office the last few weeks.

. . .

Andre came out fine, but played too much. Needed 10-12 less snaps.

Danieal was fine. Played in the 30s. Those guys should continue to get better.

#77 J.R., Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  18. Nick

Nick Member

Eh, I wasn't that flabbergasted with his checkdowns. There was only a couple of his 9-10 completions where I wondered if there was really a wide open option down-field (unlikely given the double coverage of AJ all day)... one of them being the play-action rollout.

He had a couple of designed screens to Foster, including the one he eventually broke his collar-bone on. He had the downfield pass to AJ which was called back, but he did look for him and complete a good timing route... and he had the TD pass which was impressive given the pressure (see the dumb posts about how "Schaub would not have made or attempted that throw!!!" that went spewing out of the game thread).

Yes, he does play it safe... and with his first appearence in over two years, I wouldn't have expected him to grow out of that completely right away. However, with some true in-game confidence, I think we may have seen more downfield throws (if the players are open). Remember, Schaub doesn't often throw it downfield to a guy who's covered... its just that he's so great at selling the play-action that he usually gets a wide-open target (and he knows EXACTLY where that target is going to be).

I do agree that Yates won't have the wear/tear/fear factor, and will likely be aggressive with his reads/throws... its just that ALL rookies are going to make mistakes, its part of the game. Its whether or not the Texans are good enough to overcome those rookie mistakes.

19. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

His YPA was nearly half of Schaub's; nearly half of Rosenfels' between '07-'08. Heck, I'm pretty sure it was less than David Carr's in his lone season under Kubiak.

I'll grant it was one game, and some of that may have been by design - and there was a chance his confidence would grow , etc. But he had a history of doing that very thing and I was very discouraged by his performance.

Yates seemed monumentally unafraid during the 2:00 drill. Probably a component of having no time to think - but if he's capable of being "dumb" to the moment (whereas Leinart looked all the world like he shrunk from it), Yates may ultimately be the better option.

But yes, come playoff time - teams are going to confuse the heck out of him. Last year, he would have been a death sentence. This year, we have the capacity to protect him and overcome mistakes - the defense is very good. Going to be interesting...

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

I agree. Leinart was accurate in his checkdowns, otherwise his performance was discouraging.

Yates at least looked down the field. He also just seems confident to me.