1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Falcon and Winter Soldier

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I was a little meh on this until I saw Avengers: Endgame. Now...bring it on!

The Falcon and The Winter Soldier Release Date, Cast, and News
    The Disney streaming service will cater to Marvel fans with The Falcon and The Winter Soldier
    [​IMG]
    NEWSMike CecchiniAlec Bojalad
    Apr 25, 2010

Marvel and Star Wars fans should be thrilled that Disney is launching their own streaming service. The first Star Wars live action TV series, The Mandalorian, is currently filming, with a movie-worthy budget and a murderer's row of directors. Expect Marvel to follow suit shortly with a parade of six to eight episode limited series.

Previously Variety reported that Malcolm Spellman (Empire) was been tapped to write a Falcon and Winter Soldier limited series for the Disney streaming service. During their Investor Day, Disney confirmed that the series will officially be titled The Falcon and The Winter Soldier. Not wildly inventive or creative but it certainly gets the job done.

read more: Avengers: Endgame — A Brilliant MCU Finale

Captain America? Both of these characters have carried the shield when Steve Rogers has been otherwise, um, indisposed, and given Chris Evans' cryptic remarks after he completed filming Avengers: Endgame, well... will this series focus on a world without a Captain America?

The Falcon and The Winter Soldier Release Date
    Disney+ is confirmed to launch on November 12. It's unknown whether The Falcon and The Winter Soldier will arrive then but it's unlikely. Disney confirmed that The Mandalorian will be available at launch but didn't have anything to say about The Falcon and The Winter Soldier's release date.

read more: Everything You Need to Know About the Black Widow Movie

Disney didn't have anything to say about the fate of Marvel's Netflix shows either The streaming giant recently canceled all of its Defendersseries sparking speculation that Netflix is scaling back their Marvel content as Disney readies their own competing service.

Then again, there's plenty of speculation that Luke Cage and Danny Rand (and their respective supporting casts) could reunite under a Heroes for Hire title. The question, then, would be whether that happens on Netflix or the Disney streaming service.

The Falcon and The Winter Soldier Cast
    Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan will officially reprise their roles as Sam Wilson (Falcon) and Bucky Barnes (Winter Soldier) in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier. No other casting has been announced yet but at least the two crucial ones are all set.

link

2. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

Emily Van Camp in talks to reprise her role as Sharon Carter, aka Agent 13.

And Daniel Bruhl looks like he's coming back as Zemo!!!

I still consider Zemo to be one of the best villains Marvel has done in their movies. I can't wait to see him fleshed out a bit. Maybe with some friends...

Invisible Fan and seclusion like this.
  3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Zemo and Civil War in general are highly underrated, I agree.

I'm cautiously optimistic on these shows, but knowing they're going to have a real budget behind them, and Kevin Feige makes me really hopeful.

The fact that they'll actually affect the movies and vice versa rather than the non-connection-connection they had going before is cool as well.

4. Nero

Nero Member

Civil War was fine, except for the thing which soured it for me, and soured the whole movie.. the whole 'Sokovia Accords' BS.. people treating the heroes who SAVED THE FREAKING WORLD as though THEY were responsible for the bad things whic happened.

Stupid writing, stupid concept. Unfortunately it became a lynchpin upon which a whole other pile of stuff was turned. Didn't like that part of the whole thing one little bit.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

AKA Captain America's niece who he made out with.

Jontro likes this.
  6. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

That was a pretty believable response to me.

Yes, they saved the world; but there was a lot of damage done. They are also clearly the most powerful beings on the planet, so that won't sit well with the powerbrokers and government powers of the world. I have no doubt a group like that in our real world would be the target of a wide cadre of individuals and government bodies trying to exert control over them.

7. Nero

Nero Member

Actually, you're right. It's believable that politicians and other morons would try to place blame on them instead of thanking them. However, I think what rubbed me the wrong way the most was how they hung their heads in shame because of the blame - they merely accepted it. Not one of them made the point that the entire world would have been destroyed had they not been there doing what they were doing, and that, far from flinging blame, those people should have been throwing them parades in gratitude. The notion that not one of them stood up for themselves is really where the cringe came from for me.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Whoever plays that falcon guy is one of the worst actors in Hollywood. Hard pass

9. Xerobull

Marvel's FALCON & WINTER SOLDIER Series Enlists JOHN WICK Writer Derek Kolstad

Reports are coming in that Marvel's upcoming Falcon and Winter Soldier Disney+ series has recruited John Wick scribe Derek Kolstad to work on the script alongside Malcolm Spellman (Empire). Check it out...

[​IMG]

The creative team behind Marvel's Falcon and Winter Soldier Disney+ series just got a major boost with the addition of John Wick writer/creator Derek Kolstad.

According to The Wrap, Kolstad has boarded the series and will work on the script with original writer Malcolm Spellman. We're not sure if he will contribute to all six episodes or not, but his involvement certainly bodes well for the show's action sequences.

Falcon and Winter Soldier will see Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan reprise the roles of Sam Wilson and Bucky Barnes, and we recently found out that Daniel Brühl and Emily Van Camp were also set to return as Helmut Zemo and Sharon Carter.

The six-part limited series is expected to begin production this October, and will be directed by Kari Skogland. The show is expected to debut late next year.

10. Xerobull

Sebastian Stan Films 'Falcon and the Winter Soldier' in First Set Photos!
    [​IMG]
    Sebastian Stan has been seen for the first time on the set of his upcoming Marvel television series The Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Wednesday (November 13) in Atlanta, Ga.

The 37-year-old actor is co-starring in the film with Anthony Mackie. The pair are reprising their classic Marvel characters for the Disney+ series, which will debut in 2020. Specifically, we will see Sam Wilson and Bucky Barnes and their adventures after Avengers: Endgame.

The series also stars Emily VanCamp, who will play Sharon Carter, and Wyatt Russell, who signed on as John Walker.

Check out all the first on set photos from the set of the new Marvel show…

(Images in link above)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

no superpowers? will they at least get to team up other real superheroes once in a while?

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Winter Soldier def has powers.

13. Xerobull

Trailer!

Jontro likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We will see

Rocket River

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Where's the shield?

If they spend 150 million for 6-8 eps, how many people need to watch for it not to be a flop?

I guess people will watch cuz there's not much else to watch over it.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

meh...hope they have more than this

17. Xerobull

March 19th!

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  18. Jontro

Jontro Member

blek falcon ded

19. Xerobull

20. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ok, so I wasn't excited about this show at all, but the "Big Three" and wizard vs sorcerer discussion now has me on board. If that kind of humor permeates the show, I'll dig it. Though I'm honestly not expecting a great deal from the action because for some reason the abilities of the two main characters never really did much for me.