1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Spider-Man 3: No Way Home

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

SPIDER-MAN Will Get One More Adventure In The MCU As Marvel And Sony Reach Deal; Release Date Announced
    [​IMG]
    Huge news today as it's been officially revealed that Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures have put their differences aside in order for Spider-Man 3 to remain in the Marvel Cinematic Universe! Check it out...
    Josh Wilding | 9/27/2019
    Filed Under: "Spider-Man"
    [​IMG]
    Well, this is unexpected! After a very public falling out, Disney/Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures have come to terms on a deal which means that Kevin Feige and his studio will produce Spider-Man 3. That means the wall-crawler is staying in the Marvel Cinematic Universe...for now, at least!

The movie has been given a release date of July 16th, 2021 which makes it part of Phase 4.

"I am thrilled that Spidey’s journey in the MCU will continue, and I and all of us at Marvel Studios are very excited that we get to keep working on it," the Marvel Studios President says.

"Spider-Man is a powerful icon and hero whose story crosses all ages and audiences around the globe. He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold." In other words, it sounds like we should expect Peter Parker to appear in the Spider-Verse too!

This is very exciting news, and it's going to be interesting to see where things go from here. It's possible the deal could go beyond a third instalment, but at least this means we could end up with a definitive ending to the hero's story in the MCU before he starts swinging into some of Sony's franchises (it's still entirely possible he'll make a cameo appearance in Venom 2).

Jontro likes this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

they should change his character in the next movie and rename him spiderboy and change his suit a bit. create a backstory where it was necessary, so then technically mcu can still have spiderman going forward but with a slightly modified name.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Create or Go back to SpiderPig.

[​IMG]

B-Bob and Jontro like this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Sony is a b*tch. When they make the next Spiderman without Marvel everyone should boycott it. Let it bomb.

Jontro likes this.
  5. what

what Member

6. Xerobull

That's precisely why Sony made the deal with Marvel Studios for (at least) two more movies. The MCU brand is bigger than Star Wars now.

Jontro likes this.
  7. Roscoe Arbuckle

Star Wars is done. I just don't see the interest beyond the wimpering 9th movie.

Blurr#7 and arkoe like this.
  8. Xerobull

I don't think Star Wars is done, but the last two movies certainly put some tarnish on it's brand. I don't even understand what they were trying to do with 8; turn it into a fun rag-tag group of misfits fighting 'the man'? There was nothing big about that movie. It was more like an episode of Star Trek than anything else. Anyway, hopefully The Mandalorian will do a lot of good for the franchise. I don't think anything Jon Favreau has done has been bad.

Joshfast and MadMax like this.
  9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If rumors are true that they're using two main villains in the third film (Kraven and Scorpion) just to lead it to a Sinister Six movie or what not, I'm not feeling too good about that. It brings back nightmares about the Venom/Sandman fiasco from Spider-Man 3.

10. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Venom, Sandman AND hoverboard riding two face Harry then just when you thought it couldn't possible get worse, BAM! PP slaps the **** out of MJ and goes full emo!!

Jontro and steddinotayto like this.
  11. PhiSlammaJamma

Some movie was advertising itself as brought to you by "the makers of Venom." and I had to lol at that. You gotta be desperate to do that.

arkoe likes this.
  12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Did I read that the thought is SpiderMan would end up being in Venom sequel?

13. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Worse than episodes I, II, and III?

14. Xerobull

Jason Momoa As Kraven The Hunter In Spider-Man 3? Here's How He Could Loo

[​IMG]

Warning: SPOILERS for Spider-Man: Far From Home ahead!

Over the course of seven live-action feature films and one animated one, we’ve seen a lot of Spider-Man’s iconic rogues gallery on the big screen. Still, we haven’t seen all of them and one notable omission and the subject of frequent fan speculation and demand is Kraven the Hunter. So will he finally show up opposite Tom Holland in the MCU’s Spider-Man 3 and if so, who will play him? How about Aquaman himself?

Kraven is traditionally depicted with a goatee and with shorter hair, but the longhaired, long-bearded Jason Momoa seen here could definitely fit the bill and meet the spirit of the character. In this image Jason Momoa is sporting Kraven’s traditional lion’s mane, letting you know that this is a big game hunter who is seeking the greatest possible challenge. Take a look below to see how Jason Momoa could look as Kraven.

Yup, that works. Given his looks, Jason Momoa pretty much exclusively plays badass, cool-looking characters and that would certainly not change if he were to play Kraven the Hunter in Spider-Man 3. Thanks to BossLogic’s fan art, we get an idea of what the Aquaman actor could look like as one of Spider-Man’s most lethal foes and as you would expect, he could look suitably awesome in the role.

Jason Momoa’s Kraven is packing some serious heat too, with a rifle and two sub-machine guns. Spidey may want to make sure he’s got the Iron Spider or the most bulletproof suit possible when taking on this foe. Kraven looks like an extremely dark and intimidating character here and pretty much the last guy that Tom Holland’s Spider-Man wants hunting him.

Although Tom Holland may very much want this specific Kraven hunting him. In the past, Tom Holland has said that he wanted Jason Momoa to play Kraven and show up in cameo form in Spider-Man: Homecoming. So could this fan art be a glimpse of things to come in Spider-Man 3?

Invisible Fan likes this.
  15. elrond

elrond Member

To be honest, never really been a huge fan of Kraven, but I'm confident that Jason Momoa would do a killer job. Hopefully everyone saw his superbowl commercial, which was totally hilarious.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Since we're posting rumors, I heard Better Call Saul is fixna portray Norman Osborn.

17. Xerobull

Kevin Smith Shares Rumor of Cox's Daredevil Joining Spider-Man 3

Kevin Smith claims to have heard a rumor that Charlie Cox might return as Matt Murdock in Marvel Studios and Sony's next Spider-Man fil

[​IMG]

Charlie Cox's Matt Murdock/Daredevil is rumored to appear in Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures' Spider-Man 3.

On an episode of Kevin Smith's Fatman Beyond, Smith addressed the rumor of a famous Marvel lawyer showing up in the next Spider-Man movie, hinting that Cox's name has been floated around as a possibility. "I heard another piece of good ****in' news," he said. "Did You hear that Spider-Man, the new Spider-Man movie, gonna have a lawyer in it? Charlie Cox, they're bringing in as Matt Murdock. That's been the rumor online and they say that's like the one that like Marvel's like god damn it how did that get out?"

Marvel fans have wanted to see Charlie Cox return as Daredevil since the Netflix show was canceled after its third season. Even Vincent D'Onofrio, who played Wilson Fisk in the show, shared a fanmade petition to save the series, which has currently has amassed nearly 350,000 signatures.

In the comics, Daredevil used his enhanced senses to identify Peter Parker as Spider-Man quickly, though Spidey would later turn the tables and identify Matt Murdock as Daredevil. However, after the events of "One More Day" and the Purple story arc, neither one of them knows the other's identity.

The untitled third solo Spider-Man film will star Tom Holland and Zendaya. Director Jon Watts is expected to helm the project, with a release date set for July 16, 2021.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

New trilogy had significanltly better dialogue, acting and cinematography.

But the writing of the story was worse than the prequels.

arkoe likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

tinman likes this.
  20. Xerobull

Multiverse is happening...

Spider-Man 3' Jolt: Jamie Foxx Returning as Electro (Exclusive)
    OCTOBER 01, 2020 11:54AM by Borys Kit
    [​IMG]

Columbia Pictures/Photofest; Leon Bennett/WireImage

How's that for shocking news?

The next Spider-Man movie is getting a major jolt.

Jamie Foxx, who played classic Spidey villain Electro in the Andrew Garfield-starring The Amazing Spider-Man 2, is in final talks to reprise the role for the latest Spider-Man installment, starring Tom Holland and being made by Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures.

Jon Watts, the filmmaker behind Homecoming and last year's Spider-Man: Far From Home, is in the director's chair for the third installment, which Sony has dated for Dec. 17, 2021 — although moviegoers have now come to expect release dates to change amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Most of the supporting cast from the previous movies — including Zendaya, Marisa Tomei, Jacob Batalon and Tony Revolori — are expected to be on the call sheet when cameras roll in Atlanta this fall. Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal are producing.

Marvel had no comment.

Story details are being kept under the mask, but having Foxx return is a stunner as it shows a further melding of the previous Spider-Man movies into the current Holland series, which is the first one that has Marvel running point on production.

Far From Home began that idea by bringing back J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson, the character he played in the Tobey Maguire-starring Spider-Man trilogy, a move that tickled audiences with glee.

Foxx played Electro in 2014's The Amazing Spider-Man 2, which starred Garfield as Spider-Man. The film failed to impress critics and underperformed at the box office with $708.9 million globally. Those muted box-office returns — along with the 2014 Sony hack — paved the way for Sony to do the unthinkable and strike a deal with Marvel Studios to share the character, leading to Holland starring as the webslinger in the Avengers movies and Marvel talent such as Robert Downey Jr. appearing in Sony's solo Spider-Man films.

Despite the performance of Amazing 2, Foxx remains one of the most in-demand players in Hollywood and his casting is certain to jazz up excitement amongst fans. The actor is currently starring in Project Power,a Netflix superhero drama, and is one of the voice stars in Pixar’s upcoming feature, Soul. He is repped by CAA, LBI Entertainment, and Ziffren Brittenham

Jontro likes this.