1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 12, 2018.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Comic book dudes be serious

Xerobull likes this.
  2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

depends on if he likes money or not

RKREBORN likes this.
  3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Keep licking Trump's nuts, b****.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I have -no- idea where you’re getting this.

You want to fight?

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

We have to put you on team! Wear jersey! Otherwise world make no sense! Hulk angry! :mad:

AleksandarN and Xerobull like this.
  6. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Relevant. Same dude.

I'm sure they have a lot of unused footage of Chadwick Boseman reciting mystical lines that can be parsed together to make him like a force ghost and in a sense pass the torch of BP to someone like Killmonger or Shuri.

We already know this place exists in the MCU, so it's not like they'd just be pulling stuff from out of nowhere.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Djalia

7. Beezy

Beezy Member

8. Xerobull

9. Xerobull

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

They have to find a way to bring Killmonger back as part of the story.

11. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Maybe not necessarily as Killmonger, but they need to find a way to bring back Michael B. Jordan in the MCU, perhaps as a heel turned good guy. You could even do an anti-hero or devil may care type with Killmonger.

His acting in the show was great in the original, you could almost empathze with the character and why he made his decisions from his experiences that formed him.

A strong hero and strong villain with character development usually does well.

12. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Remember when Heath Ledger overdosed after the Joker role? I think his final partially made movie had him as one of four actors all playing the same person. Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, and Colin Ferrell I think were the others. Was just a related thought - no way Black Panther goes this way.

13. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I beg to differ since RDJ is available he would be perfect no?

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  14. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Never saw it but assume you're referring to The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, sub Jude Law for Bloom.

Kim likes this.
  15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

He was one of a few people who played Bob Dylan in a biopic "I'm Not There" near his death, but not with any of those cast members.

16. Xerobull

BLACK PANTHER 2 Will Not Replace Chadwick Boseman; New Logo & Plot Details Revealed
    [​IMG]
    We've all been wondering how Marvel Studios intends to handle Black Panther 2 in the wake of Chadwick Boseman's death, and Kevin Feige has now confirmed that the role of T'Challa will not be recast...
    RorMachine | 12/10/2020
    Filed Under: "Black Panther"
    [​IMG]

Black Panther 2 will move forward in the wake of Chadwick Boseman's tragic death, but the role of T'Challa will not be recast.

Fans had been waiting for an official announcement regarding Marvel Studios' plans for the sequel even since we got word of the actor's passing, and Kevin Feige confirmed that the current King of Wakanda will not appear in the movie during today's Disney Inventors Day, while also giving fans a vague idea of what to expect from the sequel's plot.

"I wanted to acknowledge the devastating loss of a dear friend and member of the Marvel Studios family," Feige said during the live stream. "Chadwick Boseman was an immensely talented actor and an inspirational individual who affected all of our lives professionally and personally. His portrayal of T'Challa the Black Panther is iconic and transcends iteration of the character in any other medium from Marvel's past. It's for that reason that we will not recast the character."

Feige didn't get too specific when referencing the story Black Panther 2 will focus on, but he did reveal that the sequel will further explore T'Challa's homeland and some of the supporting characters introduced in the first film.

"However, to honor the legacy that Chad helped us build through his portrayal of the king of Wakanda, we want to continue to explore the world of Wakanda and all of the rich and varied characters introduced in the first film. Writer/director Ryan Coogler is hard at work on the sequel now, and we'll bring the film to you in theaters July 8, 2022."

A trade report recently suggested that Coogler's follow-up would give Shuri (Letitia Wright) a "more substantial" role, but we still don't know for sure if that means she'll suit-up and inherit the mantle of Black Panther.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

RIP Chadwick Boseman man...probably the most shocking death of 2020

I wonder how Marvel will explain his absence while still keeping continuity

18. droxford

droxford Member

We'll probably see a lot of Black Panther with his mask on. They'll probably use CGI for a few scenes that require a shot of T'Challa.

I still think they should cast Donald Glover to the role. He's an excellent actor who could fit the role perfectly.

19. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Glover is great, but he's more of a versatile entertainer like Jamie Foxx. I really can't think of a leading man, in that age range, with Boseman's presence on camera.

robbie380 likes this.
  20. droxford

droxford Member

Disagree. Glover's excellent portrayal of Lando Calrissian sold me on his ability to be a role actor. Put him in the gym and get him some coaching on the African accent and I think he could do a fantastic job.