1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

mar1juana: Drug, Medical, Legal

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by chrispbrown, Aug 17, 2013.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

how about this question:

If we legalize MJ, then why not X/Ecstasy/MDMA/mollies?

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

The support for legalization is growing so fast, its crazy. Even cops now are just like "dump it bro". I got pulled over for speeding and my car smelled like a pound and the cop just gave me the speeding ticket and didn't even mention the smell (HPD on the Katy Frwy). Every year it just grows and grows.

3. Scarface281

I don't see why not. Will you go out and do those drugs once they are legal? Even more harmful drugs like cigs and alcohol are legal, so I don't know why they can't all be. mar1juana will just be the very first and you shouldn't be grouping it with those other drugs anyway.

4. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

You reach a dead end as far as legalization for recreational use, but a medical approach, which was the initial idea for mar1juana users, is still applicable. Alcohol has zero use but is still legal so MJ can follow that path. MJ advocates will have to prove it is safer for consumption than X if not alcohol to legitimize the use.

If no legalized I do believe it should at least be reclassified to a lower scheduled drug, on a federal level, than pain killers and other prescription drugs.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

weed isn't a drug. Its a plant.

It doesn't hurt anybody what so ever, the only couple of bad thing about smoking weed is inhaling smoke. Which smoking plain notebook paper does the same thing, vaporizing or eating weed solves that problem though. Secondly is does lower your sperm cell count, but who cares about that.

Weed is also a proven anti carcinogenic.

6. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

excellent point! Me and my buddies ask the same question about our guns. If we can own handguns, rifles, then why not rocket launchers, machine guns and grenade launchers. Shiiiiit legalize it all i say!

7. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Totally unrelated and useless.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You didn't get what he was saying.

9. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

It's a plant that is a drug but it's a good drug :)

when used with just a little wisdom

10. SSP365

SSP365 Member

it should have been legal all along.

it was made illegal due to a scumbag politician named Henry Anslinger being bought off by big pharma companies to start a political campaign demonizing the plant (yes its a plant not a drug) using fear mongering tactics and racial slander and the ignorant american sheep public ate it up.

11. Scarface281

I'm a huge MJ supporters, but you have to understand that it is definitely a drug. It's a plant, yes, but also a drug. A very very good and pretty much harmless drug though.

12. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

The benefits of legalizing it would be significant. Our prisons would be less crowded and the revenue from taxation would be much needed, to name a few.

13. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

14. Buck Turgidson

I grow my own. God Bless 'Murica.

15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

As long as you don't smoke to much (which I know a lot of people do) I say legalize it

16. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Bless you, sir. It's no more harmful than alcohol and probably less so. It's no more of a "gateway drug" than alcohol.

17. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I can say the same thing and worse about most of the regular drinkers I have known. If you abuse any substance, it will have deleterious effects on productivity, job performance, ambition, and social skills.

18. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I think you can distinguish between a plant that grows naturally and a substance created out of chemicals in a lab.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

CNN and Fox told me its all the same.

20. Buck Turgidson

Why not?