1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marc Spears: Dwight's knee is bone on bone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 10, 2014.

Tags:
  1. CrashTheBoards

Bad day to be a Rockets fan.

Sigh. We will never win a championship.

2. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Huh????

3. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Just be glad you're not a Lakers fan.

4. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Doubt you even are a Rockets fan. That username doe... "CrashTheBoards" with you're trolling.

I MIGHT be wrong, but from the looks of it, I'm most likely right. No Rockets fan would say "we will never win a championship".

5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

This.

6. daoshi

daoshi Member

It cannot be bone-to-bone at his age IF he has never had any knee surgery. I think it's just a lot of inflammation, caused by stress around the knee. It's not serious at all, but there isn't much you can do but rest, and it takes time.

7. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Tim Hardaway, and at PG no less.

8. CrashTheBoards

True.

It's obvious I am talking about this era. I thought we had a chance with Dwight and Harden after the T-Mac and Yao injury days.

This is what the board looks like when we lose. Think before you post guys. You know what I was talking about. I don't like one poster and that makes me a troll? Okay.

9. banzai

banzai Member

Why did he even mention that... he just dropped his stock a few million. What an idiot.

10. Rocket_Man_2.0

Rockets need to sign Marc Gasol! Howard is breaking down Yao Ming style...:eek:

11. Throttle

Throttle Member

firstly it wasnt an official announcement, secondly it may not be as bad as it seems..

12. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Yes I am special that way... I got pushed from behind going for a header, through my hands down to break my fall but my weight shifted funny and I landed awkwardly on my left hand. At first I thought it was just a jammed/stoved finger, but after a few days the swelling kept getting worse and the pain was insane. I screwed around for a few weeks waiting for it to gte better then finally went to see an ortho who right away showed me how the bones had essentially disintegrated the cartilage in the knuckle and small bone fragments had infused themselves into the remaining cartilage. Because i waited to long (6 weeks) to have it evaluated, the choices were fusion or arthroplasty. I play guitar so I opted for the arthro, took 8-9 months before I could play guitar reasonably well again (in fact playing was the best PT for my injury), but my pinky looks deformed and i lost about 1/4" in length because there was volar plate damage that he had to pull together...

Sorry for the run down, but he asked... the point was bone on bone pain is just a pain you can't even begin to describe and if Howard is experiencing this i find it incredibly hard to believe he can "get it under control" nor do i believe he could be running around like he was in his Bday video...

13. RV6

RV6 Member

That thread title though :p

14. Ghost_of_Akeem

So, the prognosis has gone from sprained knee to having no knee?

Rockets are slowly turning into a country club where former Orlando superstars come to die.

15. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Wtf. The curse in Houston lives on. This is bs.

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

So why did Howard "reveal" his injury to the media? I know the team is very careful not to let other teams know its vulnerability.

Is Howard rationalizing why he's been away so long? Looking for pity?

I just find the whole thing strange. He probably even misdiagnosed himself.

17. Ghost_of_Akeem

He's tired of being called a wimp for being out so long with a "knee sprain". Hopefully, what he says isn't true and he's just taking a short break from his duties of making millions of dollars to wear our uniform and play basketball. But, if what he says is true then it sheds a whole new light on how low and disgusting the Rockets organization is for hiding this news from fans and ticket holders for weeks just to line their own pockets with whatever cash they could get.

18. CrashTheBoards

I am convinced. Even with the injuries this season I thought, nah this franchise is fortunate to still win games with all of these injuries. Now, I am seriously worried about our championship stock plummeting for the next 5 years (Dwight seems happy and I was thinking he would re-sign here so 5 years of dominance).

19. nobie

nobie Member

Might be a reason why Morey wasted money on Black and Dorsey. Also might be a reason why he didnt want to let Asik go.

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Pretty sure this is not bone on bone.

The Rockets would have been aware of it a long time ago if he was bone on bone. Dwight wouldn't be doing his crazy dunks in the off-season if he was bone or bone or even near bone on bone.