1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Man Can Hold His Liquor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, May 23, 2006.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Driver Tests 18 Times Legal Alcohol Limit

VILNIUS, Lithuania - Lithuanian police were so astonished when they pulled over a truck driver and his breathalyzer test registered 18 times the legal alcohol limit, they thought their testing device must be broken. It wasn't.

Police said Tuesday 41-year-old Vidmantas Sungaila registered 7.27 grams per liter of alcohol in his blood repeatedly on different devices when he was pulled over for driving his truck down the center of a two-lane highway 60 miles from the capital, Vilnius on Saturday.

Lithuania's legal limit is 0.4 grams per liter.

"This guy should have been lying dead, but he was still driving. It must be an unofficial national record," Saulius Skvernelis, the director of the national police traffic control service, told the AP. "He was of high spirits and grinning the whole time he was questioned."

Medical experts say anything above 3.5 grams per liter of alcohol in the blood is lethal for most people.

"A person this intoxicated should be in an intensive care unit, not behind the wheel," said Tautvydas Zikaras, head of the dependence illness center in the country's second-largest city, Kaunas. Zikaras said he had never heard or read of someone being so drunk.

Sungaila, who was slapped with a 3,000 litas ($1,110) fine and the loss of his license for up to three years, told police he had been drinking the night before and tried to freshen up by downing a pint of beer for breakfast.

Lithuania has one of the worst road safety records in the
    European Union. Last year, 760 people died in traffic accidents in this country of 3.5 million residents. Most were alcohol-related.

2. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I thought any level of alcohol was illegal for truck drivers.

3. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I wouldn't know what the drinking and driving laws of Lithuania are.

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

thats absolutely ....AWESOME

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Gosh, I wonder why...

6. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Jim Morrison LIVES!!!!!

7. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I have a great attorney that would win this one.

8. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I guess he was so messed up, more alcohol made him feel better.

9. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

on my damn, can you imagine his bar tab