1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Malone and Pippen confirmed for Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by QdoubleA, Apr 3, 2010.

1. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700021733/Malone-confirmed-for-Hall-of-Fame.html

"Malone's enshrinement comes a year after longtime Utah Jazz teammate John Stockton and coach Jerry Sloan were inducted into the hoops haven in Springfield, Mass., last September.

The New Jersey paper also reported that former Chicago Bulls great Scottie Pippen will be enshrined alongside Malone, giving the Hall of Fame another Jazz-Bulls connection after Michael Jordan went in with Sloan and Stockton in 2009."

Two players who probably deserve it, two players I hate with a passion. Now if only Scotty would give back that 11 million he stole...

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

3. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Karl Malone is pretty much a piece of scum;
    1) Raped/impregnated 13 year old girl, then abandoned her.
    2) Dirty basketball career

4. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Two players nearly all rockets fans hate.

5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Nearly? More like entirely.

6. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Reading that article for the 20th time just reinvigorates all the hate I have for Karl Malone. Gotta keep up on the literature to keep the hate going.

****ing Karl Malone, a ****head on and off the court.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R5gGbsSMbXo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R5gGbsSMbXo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_WFXAmBBK8w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_WFXAmBBK8w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

It's disgusting to see how this video portrays him as a good family man.

8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Not that I ever watched the enshrinements. I didnt even catch Hakeem's. I sure won't be catching this one. This is by far the most despicable baskeball Hall of Fame class ever. Might as well have Bud Adams introduce them at the podium.

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

so many emotions from that video:

1. One thing about Stevie, the guy was tough as nails and everybody on his team knew that mother ****er had their back. Love it!

2. I liked Maurice Taylor for some reason. Overpaid and lazy, but I enjoyed watching him play.

3. WTF is Karl Malone getting mad for?!?!?! The b**** got blocked and decided to after Nachbar for no reason. Take it like a man sob! So glad the Pistons wiped the floor with the Fakers that year. My favorite non-Rockets related championship ever!

/rant

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

11. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I know Clutchfans.net will be mourning for the next few months.

12. DLRoxFan92

DLRoxFan92 Member

This is a decent Hall of Fame Class. Sure, Pippen was a mistake as a Rocket and Karl Malone is a douchebag deadbeat father, but it is a decent class. And besides, Karl Malone was a great power forward who is 2nd all-time in career scoring (36,927 points; John Stockton had a BIG part in that amount of scoring); if it was a Hall of Fame for life, Malone would certainly not get in (MJ would not have either); however, it is not, and therefore, all arguments against Malone because of his personal life have NO MERIT WHATSOEVER; lots of fathers are deadbeats; Malone just happens to be a rich deadbeat.

Damion

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Stockton with another assist!

14. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

He might be a great power forward but holy **** is he one complete douchebag. Pippen mightve screwed the Rockets but Malone ****ing screwed his kids. That's 1 million times worse than anything Pippen did that we know of.

Malone can rot in hell. i've worked with kids without families when I volunteered at local schools when in college. No one deserves that. Aside from being an asshat on the floor (which he absolutely was) he was a tool outside of the game which makes me madder than anything. No child deserves what he put his kids through.

I dont care about the hall of fame. The criteria may only be about what he did on the court so fine he gets in, but that doesnt prevent me from raging about what a ****head he is. One of the kids who I spent days with in high school had no father and his mother was a drug addict with no consistent job. He's in school at Prairie View A&M and he did it alone. Kids should never EVER have to go through that. So to hear a glorified NBA player who a lot of people think is a good family man, do the kind of nonsense that he did is garbage. He deserves nothing but scorn. I'd vote Pippen president of the US before I gave Malone a dime.

#14 geeimsobored, Apr 3, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  15. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Obviously Scottie and Malone are considered some of the greats of the game. Therefore, this is easily expected and deserved. I shall say no more now because I know users on CF hate them both with a passion.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

...who never won a title. None.

Ever.

Even with the two of them playing on the same team.

Forever.

Malone had angered the basketball gods so bad that even when he tried to piggy back a prime Kobe and Shaq for the title, he failed. That team seemed destined to win. But...but...Malone, who had hardly missed any NBA games in his 50 years of ring-less seasons, got injured in the Finals.

#16 Zboy, Apr 3, 2010
  17. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Malone of course.
    Scottie obviously a different story. Jordan/Pippen got the job done.
    But that is no secret. Personally, I can't stand Malone, I mean he played for the Jazz. Scottie on the other hand....well....I've never hated him.

18. bloop

bloop Member

Hate both these mother****ers

Pippen should give half the honor to Jordan who basically carried him to a HOF spot

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Nope. Pippen was instrumental to Bulls success. Even with Jordan out, Pippen and the Bulls took Knicks to 6 games. In his prime Pippen was one of the most versatile players to ever play the game, on offense as well as defense. Without Pippen, Bulls dont win 6 titles.

The guy was a douche but an icredibly versatile player and got the job done.

Malone, OTOH, was a douche, a jump shooting PF, who never got the job done.

#19 Zboy, Apr 3, 2010
  20. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

Very excited about Pip getting in!