1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luther Head injured?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rsx_htown, Mar 30, 2007.

1. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

Bill just said luther is out for tonights game with a shoulder injury anyone got more info?

2. Madman George

Madman George Member

man are these rockets cursed or something?????

3. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

might we see bonzi?

4. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

same here, but Luther is too good to cause trouble

I don't know, you never know with JVG

6. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

March 30, 2007, 10:11PM
    Rockets' Head sits out vs. Lakers

By JONATHAN FEIGEN
    Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle
    TOOLS
    Email

Get section feed
    Print

Subscribe NOW
    RESOURCES
    Feigen: Good win for Rockets over Clippers
    Justice: Can these Rockets win series?
    Feigen: What's not to like? A few things with playoffs near for Rockets
    Feigen: PGs may vex Rockets in playoffs
    Feigen: Playoffs approaching fast
    Speak up in the Rockets forum
    Feigen on NBA
    Yao Central with fan blogger Ren Hsieh
    Complete Rockets coverage

Rockets guard Luther Head was held out of Friday's game against the host Los Angeles Lakers with a bruised shoulder suffered Monday against the Bucks.

It was the first game he missed this season after playing 80 last season as a rookie.

Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy said he would go into Friday's game planning to "probably play guys more" to fill in for Head and the 27.3 minutes per game he averages.

Guard John Lucas III, however, made all three of his attempts in seven fourth-quarter minutes against the Clippers on Wednesday.

Van Gundy said he went to Lucas solely in search of a more accurate shot, but that Lucas has not shot well enough this season to assume he would bring that every night.

"He hasn't shot very well, either," Van Gundy said. "He hasn't shot well this year from 3. He's been more efficient from two-point range than 3-point range. He has a knack for being able to make the mid-range shot and for whatever reason hasn't shot from 3 as well.

"It (Lucas' role) depends on size issues. We'll see how that goes."

Going into Friday's game, Lucas had made 41.7 percent of his shots, but just 27.5 percent of his 3s. He said he was surprised to have gotten the call on Wednesday, but was ready.

"Coach always tells me to stay ready no matter what, so when I'm on the bench, I stay ready, I'm into the game, every possession," Lucas said. "When I get that opportunity, I want to go in and play hard and run the team and do everything right."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/4676722.html

7. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

But I didn't even see him on the bench!! :eek: What happened? Is it that serious??? :(

8. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

Chuck Hayes and Luther Head are standing in an elevator when Spanoulis walks in. V-Span gets off on the next floor and when the door closes, Chuck says to Luther, "He was cute but he needs some Head and Shoulders."

Luther ponders this for a moment and turns to Chuck, "How do you give shoulders?"

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

luther played horrible in the clippers game but he was out early during halftime shooting some midrange jumpers i cant recall him really playing any much more after halftime of that game.

i thought he probably would get less minutes tonight because of size reason against bryant and possibly parker and thus jvg would go to snyder didnt think he would not be at the game altogether.

10. lovemtracy

lovemtracy Member

Hope it's not serious. In the game vs Lakers, our bench only scored 2 pts! we need Luther, especially his 3 pointers. Wish he can play next game!

11. Bank_Shot

Bank_Shot Contributing Member

I think that the points total scored by our bench last night suggests the importance of Luther Head to this team. We need his three-point shooting in the playoffs.

12. bizzy045

bizzy045 Member

any updates on Head? Is it day-to-day? why is this injury being kept so on the low...seems shady to me...our bench scored just 2 points last night...thats a joke from hell and its not going to get it done in the playoffs...i am shocked to see that jl3 is getting any run...this late in the season we are changing rotations...im not a fan of this move...keep it the way it was and try to somehow incorporate bonzi over these last 9 games...time is running out...if he doesnt get any playing time now, he will be a disaster when he comes in the post season...can't complain too much...rox are winning at a ridiculous rate right now, so maybe jvg knows what he's doing ;)

13. wolfsheep

wolfsheep Contributing Member

Luther and Juwon are having trouble in shooting recently. So it's might be a good break for him to think about it. But don't take it too long.