1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lull is better defender and better overall player than Beverley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1510 Polk St, Jul 1, 2015.

1. 1510 Polk St

1510 Polk St Member

Lull is the best european defender in his position. He can handle any NBA starter PG. He can do exactly the same work what Bev does. Bring energy, aggressive defense, and hit 3s. Also is an elite penetrator and a very good ball handler.

No reason to overpay Berverley. During the past two seasons he was absenting when we needed him the most. Bev is an injury prone guy. A person with no cartilage in knees, is not a person who can make 100% effort night after night.

I love Pat, but I think it's a player we should let go.

Regards.

2. newAge_Rockets

We have tape on what Bev can do in the NBA. Meanwhile, Llull is unproven against the top talent in the world. You can't make these kinds of predictions right now.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Member

We have no idea what Llull is.

Stop with this nonsense.

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Better overall player probably. Better Defender? Got to see him do it in the NBA.

5. HeWhoIsLunchbox

I personally was holding out hope that we'd be able to bring over Llull and keep Beverley. I think having 48 minutes of that kind of passion and intensity would be really beneficial for a team that has a tendency to go through periods of low energy in nearly every game.

After seeing some of these contracts that are being given out, I think we'll be lucky to keep any of our free agents.

6. durvasa

durvasa Member

Is it a done deal that he's coming over?

7. anchel

anchel Member

I very much doubt Llull becomes a better NBA defender than Pat (an elite defender at his position). And anyway, those are independent and compatible decisions, signing Llull, and keeping or not Pat.

8. 1510 Polk St

1510 Polk St Member

I'm from Madrid, Spain. Real Madrid's member number 18,044. I follow every Llull's game since 6 years. I Love Houston Rockets cause i was living in Polk street 4 years of my life. I had to because my father travel for work. I know how beverley play, and i know what Llulls can do in a basketball court.

obviamente, es solo mi opinion. Sorry if I upset someone.

9. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

European guards are tough to gauge when translating to the NBA imo, especially jumping into the fire vs western conference elite level PGs. Can only wait and see.

10. 1510 Polk St

1510 Polk St Member

I'm from Madrid, Spain. Real Madrid's member number 18,044. I follow every Llull's game since 6 years. I Love Houston Rockets cause i was living in Polk street 4 years of my life. I had to because my father travel for work. I know how Beverley play, and i know what Llulls can do in a basketball court.

obviously, it's just my opinion. Sorry if I upset someone.

11. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I think Bev's gonna dip. Dallas or NY will throw too much money at him.
    Sign Llull, make a trade for Collison or Lawson. Llull can be our sixth man.

12. YaosDirtyStache

Dont let these MOORS bother you.

Youre welcome here and I value your opinion.

Personally I hope we do bring in Lull but part of me thinks its a smoke screen.

13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I love this

14. NotChandlerParsons

They don't have Steph Curry in Euroleague. I think he can be good on defense, but I'll reserve judgment until I see him play.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lull will never be 2nd Team All Defense. Never. Emmanuel Davis used to be the best defender somewhere ****ty too.

16. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

x3. I'll take either Lawson or Collison in a heart beat

17. LandryMegaBeast

llull has never played in the nba. while i agree hes gunna be a good player, to say he's already better than bev, especially at defense, is crazy

18. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

Llull is also not really a PG hes more of a SG.

19. Baqui99

Baqui99 Member

Both of them suck

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

Both of them are awesome.