1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Luis Scola's blog updated:FOURS against the World.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ying861020, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ying861020

ying861020 Member

2009-11-23 | FOURS against the World.

Today, I'm going to tell you about a little competition we have on game days. Before that, let me explain a couple of things. On game days we have what is called "shoot around", normally around 10:30 am and consists of shooting drills and a quick review of the opposing team, not full speed. Sometimes we go player by player, covering the traits and tendencies of each player.
    In shoot around, we divide the players up by position === pt guards, shooting guards and some small forwards on one side and post players and power forwards on the other side.
    At the end of shoot around we do a shooting drill called "Fours against the world", a drill between two different teams that changes according to the day and circumstances. On the "Fours" team is Chuck, Carl, and me and we have been the same trio for a long time now. On the other side of the drill is "the World", where anyone who isn't a "4" would end up eventually. Yao and Dikembe were the pillars of this team last year and they are constantly adding anybody

to their side who isn't 100% a power forward. Steve Novak, Tracy McGrady, Brian Cook, Joey Dorsey, Pop Mensah Bonsu are examples of others who have been on the "World" team at various points during the year. At times, the team can't find more than one or two players, so they may grab one of the assistants to play. Jack Sikma played several times, along with Shawn Respert and others.
    The game is won by the first team to hit 10 baskets, with the caveat that the 5th and the 10th basket have to be 3 pointers. There are 3 spots to shoot from - free throw line extended, baseline, and the wing shot. The team that wins 4 times wins the competition. The rivalry is intense and there's a lot of trash-talk! Right now, we're 5 to 5 and everybody's anxious for the next shoot around to see who takes the lead. Nobody wants to be
    the loser who has to hear the trash-talk from the other side for a whole week!
    In the next blog, I'll tell you who's ahead, although lately I'm feeling pretty confident about the results :)
    Hopefully, I'll be telling you a funny story next week.

LS

link:http://luis-scola.blog.sohu.com/137529409.html

2. foo82

foo82 Member

Wow, that sounds interesting. These guys seem like they are really having fun in practice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.