1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lottery Picks from Uconn... Any Flops?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by munco, Jun 29, 2006.

1. munco

munco Member

Has any lottery pick from Uconn ever flopped?
    Here's my tally of lottery picks from Uconn, none are flops:

Charlie Villanueva
    Emeka Okafor
    Ben Gordon
    Caron Butler
    Rip Hamilton
    Ray Allen
    Donyell Marshall

Would Gay be the first lottery pick from Uconn to flop in the NBA? I'd take my chances instead of packaging him and Swift for Shane Battier.

2. Tango

Tango Contributing Member

I'm going to cry.

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Oh my god. Every single one of those players would be great additions to the Rockets. :(

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i believe camby went to uconn too

the only player i can think of that went to uconn that made no impact on the nba is khalid el-amin (?) the guy was a huge factor in their championship run but he was never projected to go in the top 10.

most guys from uconn tend to turn out to be at the very least solid nba players

same goes with arizona and of duke.

unfortunately it looks like gay is part of memphis now hopefully there is a third team

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

You're killing us,.

6. tigereye

tigereye Member

Whatever you do ....please DON'T bring up a list of Duke NBA flops...... :rolleyes:

7. Yao_Mac

Yao_Mac Member

im torn...

between this idiotic trade or when we had 3 first round picks and let reshard lewis slip to seattle in the second round...

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

it's just hard to see anyone from that big of a school end up a flop when UConn hasn't had one in a while. The last one i can think of would be Khalid el Amin and that's pushing it....worst case scenario the guy would end up being at least as good as Battier but in the best case scenario he ends up a hell of a lot better..don't know why you don't keep a player like that.

9. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Khalid El Amin was a second rounder, hardly a flop.

Jim Calhoun just really knows how to push guys and help them get prepared for the NBA.

Most of those guys weren't highly touted out of high school, but the UConn system maximizes your potential. For example, Emeka, Hilton Armstrong, and Josh Boone weren't even top-100 recruits out of high school.

This makes the Gay trade even more stupid.

10. munco

munco Member

El Amin was a 2nd round pick though.
    I can't think of one single Uconn lottery pick that ever flopped.

11. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

UMass.

12. munco

munco Member

By the way Villanueva who had a far worse rep coming out of Uconn than Gay averaged 13/6 as a rookie last year. Coming out of school Gay was definitely regarded much higher than Villanueva. One of these days a Uconn lotto pick will bust, but so far so good. With Gay's athleticism and nice jumper I doubt it's going to be him.