1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Losing control of the team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by VoR, Mar 1, 2021.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Rockets will be back. The NBA runs in cycles.

2. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Of course they will. There's not doubt about that. And I haven't stopped watching games even on this losing streak, I'm ride or die. The funny part is when people think that'll be next month when Wood comes back and not in at least 2 years IF we rebuild properly. If the FO gets cute and tries to stay competitive it could be 10 years or more.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

I agree. I also think that some (many) CFs assume that if we land Cade Cunningham (14% likely in a best case scenario), we'll suddenly be back to relevance next year. Bad teams who add young potential-superstars rarely turn things around in the first year or two.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

not exactly true. especially when you have many of the same teams still bad for years now. And with Tilman as still being the owner, it makes it that much worse

topfive likes this.
  5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I agree that Davis isn't durable but he's a proven star since he has played many seasons producing very high stats with league leading stats in some categories (even with limited games some seasons), and also making the all-star game 8x (I realize the all-star game doesn't mean a ton but he has the stats to back it up).

This is Wood finally having a breakout season but if you put him in ADs role last year, I don't think he'd be ready due to number of games played between the two. Their age isn't even that different but AD has been doing this since his 2nd season in the league and it's the standard he's set.

Don't get me wrong I think Wood would have been even more special with Harden but he hasn't been putting numbers up like this longterm. Obviously he's taken a different path and is still young but durability or not, until he can avg what he was doing before this latest injury consistently he's not on ADs level.

It's the same thing when we think back on a budding star only for it to happen for a season or two whereas a superstar has been doing it nearly their whole career. I do think Wood could be the real deal, but only time will tell.

6. psaman17

psaman17 Member

I was told this was a championship caliber team. How i was deceived!!

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

It's been 26 years since the last title. Some of us don't have 26 more to wait for the next one.

Tearing a contender apart was insanity. Thanks, Tilman.

joshuaao, Deuce, BMoney and 5 others like this.
  8. psaman17

psaman17 Member

You've literally been wrong about everything in every topic i've seen you post in. Thats some pretty impressive feat.

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Absolutely agree with you. I'm looking forward to the Rockets being great again but I wish we could speed it up, haha. I still feel 09 and 18 were seasons that houston probably had a real shot but timing/injuries derailed everything. Hell even in 98 Houston wasn't playing like an 8th seed... If Barkley didn't injure his arm... I think the Rockets probably would have beat the Jazz, it definitely wouldn't have been easy but Houston might have finally had a shot at facing Jordan in the finals.

sydmill likes this.
  10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, agree with you here too. I remember complaining about Les but now I wish we still had him. I think the team would probably be in a better place, at least with what we've seen transpire so far.

topfive and BamBam like this.
  11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

So true and so disheartening at the same time

Jontro likes this.
  12. Mr Chuck Norris

Wood and harden? Lmfaoo woods not even ****ing playing right now.

13. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Yea I dont think its that simple enough. No one likes losing

14. riko

riko Member

Yep the kings are still waiting to back after almost 18 years when was the last time they were good.

CCity Zero likes this.
  15. riko

riko Member

Yep he thinks because the Rockets beat a few bad teams they were on par with the nets. He is in for a rude shock when Wood returns and this team is still stinking it up

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sure, in 2525

BamBam likes this.
  17. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Our mess is more complicated than pro-Harden vs. anti-Harden. We're bad because we lost Harden and because we had built the team too much around Harden making plays. If we had designed (and if he had tolerated) a more balanced team during his tenure, we wouldn't be at such a loss now.

We have several guys on the roster who were good fits on a team where they didn't have to make plays. That's why we signed them, and why they were happy to be here. Now we're asking them to make plays. The results are predictable, and painful to watch.

Richie_Rich, kjayp, Roc Paint and 4 others like this.
  18. s3ts

s3ts Member

Eventually the Rockets will be back.

Then the forum will amass a ton of fake fans, media will hate our superstars, Tillman won't spend, and make the superstars have second thoughts about being in Houston. They'll force a trade or just leave in FA.

Unless I see a leadership change that shifts direction, I have a hard time finding a different outcome.

Basically everyone on the forum wants like a Spurs or Mavs franchise. Hate to break it to people, we're not half of their franchises right now.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL forget about the championship. harden would have to drag this team to the playoffs.

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yep too much to ask wall and dipo to make plays

#60 vlaurelio, Mar 1, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2021