1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Loser media copes with ratings dip under normal-ish president

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Invisible Fan, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Boring news cycle deals blow to partisan media
    4-5 minutes

tinman and Ubiquitin like this.
  2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

"Why it matters: Outlets most dependent on controversy to stir up resentments have struggled to find a foothold in the Biden era, according to an Axios analysis of publishers’ readership and engagement trends."

See, it's not like there isn't stuff to report on. It's that they are beholden to their corporate overlords and their interests. Biden is a golden calf. The media is not about turning a profit. It's first and foremost a propaganda tool for oligarchic interests.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm surprised to see right-wing media down. Not surprised about left-wing media; I feel it myself -- a sort of honeymoon period when I can rest and let Biden's policy changes achieve fruition and then maybe after they are mature I can plug in and say, "What the hell has he been doing!?" :D

But, I would have thought the right would be looking for every morsel of news so they can lament each nail in civilization's coffin. They'd be hungry for every tan suit or flag lapel pin controversy they could find. Are conservatives also getting some R&R now after all the crap we went through for the last 4 years?

4. Invisible Fan

They'll save their ammo for midterms and unload their pent up mask/vax frustrations with a symbolic yet inaccurately dubious outrage incident dealing with it.

They will also pair whatever grievance with the economy or small business situation.

I mean it could be accurate, but accuracy hasn't really been important with astroturfing their bipedal sheeple (2 feet better den 4! Media suxxxx!!) into the primary booths

Ubiquitin and NewRoxFan like this.
  5. Gioan Baotixita

It's kind of hard to get excited over this fake president with half of a mind who's going around saying " My butt's been wiped". Biden is just a figment of your imagination, created by the left to steal this country. How can a guy been hiding in his basement prior to the elections, never did any campaigning and "collected" all those votes? Whoever is running for the president in the future should do what Biden did, stay home and you will win.

Second greatest hoax perpetrated on the American people, the first one was Obama.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the hoax someone put up to get you to beleive that was a pretty good one.

7. Gioan Baotixita

That hoax was meant for you because I did not vote for either one of them. I have no way of knowing who you voted for, but it is pretty safe to say from your postings that you voted for the one and a half pair.

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

except there really isn't

9. vlaurelio

so the election was stolen right?

10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Nothing was stolen. You’ve been duped by a con man.
    8AAD5DBF-8DBB-4BBA-B20E-A6505A490126.jpeg

Deckard, Ubiquitin and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I wasn't tricked into any of the votes I've made.

Deckard and VooDooPope like this.
  12. Gioan Baotixita

If you indeed voted for both of them then yes, you were tricked into it.

13. Gioan Baotixita

Explain to me then, how was that guy who is wearing adult diapers and cannot string together a cohesive sentence, and hid in his basement for over a year got that many votes? Some kind of new voodoo magic?

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Now these are certainly thoughtful takes and not from a troll. I wonder why one of the trump supporters here found it necessary to create yet another new account to post here?

Blatz and whag00 like this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I voted for Obama once and a third party candidate in 2012. I voted for a thirs party candidate in 2016, and Biden in 2020.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Yet another. Well thought out. Expressed in such an intelligent way. Definitely not a troll...

Blatz and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. vlaurelio

math

18. Invisible Fan

I was hoping for Sleepy Joe to get destroyed by Donald "DDDD chesst" Trump in the debates.

Too bad the CIA faked the performance like the Moon Landing.

Sad

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

2+2=......**** this liberal ivory tower bullshit!!

19. Gioan Baotixita

Is there another name for that kind of math, like.....CHEATING???

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think right now some click-desperate media outlets are trying to scare people as much as possible over the Delta variant. 125K is a ton of people, but that is a teeny tiny fraction of the people who have been vaccinated. So for those who have been vaccinated I don't think the fear is warranted.