1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lord Please Put Us Out Of Our Misery!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by adagio75, Apr 7, 2016.

1. adagio75

adagio75 Member

I know some of my fellow Rockets brethren may dislike this request, but if you have also tried to watch this debacle of a squad throughout the season, then you definitely know we don't deserve to play in the post season. It would be a waste of a playoff spot, and rewarding mediocrity if we did make it.

This iso ball with Harden, hoping and praying he can take us to a win while being tripled and quadruple teamed, smgdh is so horrible to watch

Shooting 3's with players that cant shoot 3's philosophy is the dumbest thing i have heard of in a long time ?

No transition defense i'm not sure if this is coaching, effort, skill, ability or all the above?

Not one other player that can create off the dribble except for the recent addition of Beasley, oh and old man Jet.

Push the ball and play fast paced strategy ..... but we have no consistent finishers and are not the most energized group of players ?

It seems one of the main reasons why we lose to the younger teams is because they can play this style of basketball better than us, but we are "supposed" to be built for it ??

So in concluding my humble soap box end of the season rant/review is that.... I'm really hoping we get no mercy from the basketball Gods, and that they judge us accordingly with no post season in hopes it will force management to make extremely aggressive changes throughout the roster, because this my brethren has been some Bull$%#t !!!:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

3. Bleek

Bleek Rookie

4. Bleek

Bleek Rookie

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

What if you are an atheist?

6. malakas

malakas Member

Got to say I laughed at the thread title.

7. adagio75

adagio75 Member

[​IMG]

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

As an ordained minister I approve this prayer.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pRE23YfSvc8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Why is it dumb? You don't think that we have players that can shoot 3's yet we're still the 8th most efficient shooting team in the league? Why do you think that is?

It's pretty simple math. That extra point on the 3 point shot is such a huge advantage that you don't even have to be that good at shooting 3's to still be more efficient than any team's two point shots.

We shoot 34.3% on 3 pointers. That's equivalent to shooting 51.5% on two point shots. No team in the NBA shoots 51.5% on two point shots.

So exactly why would you not want to keep shooting those 3's? You'd prefer that we take lower percentage shots?

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Stop calling on the Lord, he's busy.

12. adagio75

adagio75 Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/offense-per-game/sort/threePointFieldGoalPct

So not sure if you understand how this works? Just because you shoot alot of 3 pointers doesnt mean you are a good 3pt shooter or 3pt shooting team. We are actuslly number 22 in fg percentage. That's your quality not your attempts my friend. We are not a good 3 pt shooting team, but we shoot alot of 3's. Wake up man smgdh

[​IMG]

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

if we shoot a lower fg% (22nd in league) but are garnering 3 points as opposed to 2 points per attempt we make up for the poorer shooting % with the additional points off 3 pointers... points per attempt would be a better indicator than straight up %....

14. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

15. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I just realized I also want this season to end. I want closure on this chapter of my life soon. Imagine how happy our life is going to be once we donĀ“t have to deal with this lazy group again.

16. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

We are the 8th most efficient shooting team in the NBA. All you have to do is look at TS%. That takes into consideration 2pt FG, 3pt FG and FTs.

You are correct that there are other teams that shooter a higher percentage on fewer attempts. Why does that matter? Are you not understanding the math? Why are you comparing 3pt% for teams with very different number of attempts?

I'll make it easy for you. If you don't want us to shoot as many threes then we'd have to replace those 3 point attempts with some other shots. If you're not shooting 3s then you are obviously shooting 2 point attempts. Agreed?

In order to shoot as efficiently you're going to have to average 51.5% on your 2 point shots. Do you realize that no team in the NBA average 51.5% on two point shots?

There's a reason that every team in the league's 3 point attempts have gone through the roof in the last few years. It's because 3 point shots count 150% as much as 2 point shots. Because of that you can shoot a much lower percentage and still score more points on the same number of shots.

Now do you understand? If not, then what shots do you want to replace those 3 point attempts with? If you know of a 2 point shot that the Rockets can shoot at that kind of frequency and still average over 51.5% then you might want to let them know about it.

Anytime you do something in volume then in all likelihood you wont' be as efficient. The fact that other teams have a higher 3pt% is irrelevant. What matter is that we are scoring the 8th most points per fga.

17. adagio75

adagio75 Member

Hmm it doesnt take a genius to understand that a team is comprised of players. Individual averages are used to get the overall team number..... what does that simply mean???? Just like in a class, the students with the higer grade averages can carry the rest of the lower grade averages. Translation to this 3pt volume topic...... Individual player attempts, individual player averages will make the rest of the team 3pt stats look better on paper. But we know one state that tells it all. Wins and losses. So Morey (i know this is you undercover trolling) I'm with Barkley and Webber on this one. Show me the money or STFU and keep that analytics Ish! You can your 3pt shooters with you as well. Josh Smith, Terrence Jones, Corey Brewer, D-Mo, and Dwight can go just cuz im tired of him !

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Turnovers and horrible defense.

MOAR!

19. Cypress

Cypress Member

Been real.

20. Sanity2disChaos