1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looks like we need a Big

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OremLK, Mar 23, 2010.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

With Hill, Andersen, Jeffries, and Battier all down, we're in serious trouble at the 4 and the 5. Looks like it's time for a 10 day contract!

How about Rod Benson?

[​IMG]

He's having a nice season in the D-League, after adding some weight over the past year. He's been praised for tremendous basketball IQ and great rebounding ability, and he can block a few shots, too. He's 6'10" and 235lbs with the following averages:

14.1 points, 9.5 rebounds, and 2.0 blocks in only 31 minutes per game.

Feel free to post some other ideas here to hold us over until our guys get healthy.

2. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

Woah, I didn't even know Jeffries was injured until you mentioned it lol. Had to google it, but we are once again, shorthanded in terms of big men. Signing that guy probably seems like a good idea.

3. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

More likely we sign Mike Harris to a 10-day since he's been up and down the past couple of years. I think he only signed one 10-day earlier this year so he should have one left.

4. devilsdandruff

lol. huh?
    when did JJ get injured?

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/injuryriddled_rockets_bow_dow_2010_03_22.html

Mike Harris is an interesting player and I think somebody should give him a good look, but he's not a PF or C, he's a small forward, and we still have Martin, Ariza, Budinger, and Taylor on the wings.

6. JamesC

JamesC Member

I would imagine Hilton Armstrong will get some more pt now...i just hope he can show something.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol you'd think so but yet........

8. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

At this point it looks like we need Jesus.

9. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Did the cavs signed Big Z again? if not the rockets could sign him at least for a 10-day contract, to fill that spot.

10. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

Hey, Mike Haris is coming for the next couple days!!

PS< who is Bason?

11. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

watch the news, bro. Big-Z already taken over by cavs.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

We still have Andersen, Hayes and Hilton Armstrong as guys who can play 4 or 5. No need for Boom tho (Rod Benson).

13. parmesh

parmesh Member

The way you phrased this sentence makes it sound like we have never heard of Mike Harris before...when he's been on the team multiple times and was a vital part of the 22 win streak haha.

14. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I bet Hilton Armstrong can average 15 points- 15 rebounds, 5 blks in the D-League. Maybe we should send him down just to see how he compares with other top D-Leaguers.

15. carib

carib Member

One thing this team is lacking is rebounding and shot blocking or forcing tough shots. Scola is our main rebounder, he needs help on the boards. Hill looks promising lets hope he will get better. In terms of shot blocking or altering shots, our best guys at that are Jeffries, Battier and Hill and all three seem to be injured, though I heard a report that Hill might play. Armstrong is there but he is not being utilized, not sure what to expect from him since he cannot beat Hayes, Anderson, Jeffries and Hill for playing time.

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I say ... let see what kinda NBA *ss Hilton Armstrong can kick ... or not.

17. carib

carib Member

They not only called up Mike Harris but they also called up Jermaine Taylor. JT is going up and down from the NBA to NBDL like a yoyo. LOL.

I agree that we need a big. I like Harris's allround game, I hope he is not being called up for trade bait for the offseason, cause we already have a lot of wing players. I would not be surprised if he is asked to back up Scola, Hill and Hayes on the front line, though he is undersized.

18. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Andersen = injured

19. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

Hill is hurt?!

i didnt watch the whole bulls game

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

:confused:

Classic clutchfans....

Just think! Please!

Why would someone trade for the guy if they could just sign him themselves??

Besides that, what kind of trade value is Mike Harris (perennial visitor to the Rockets in 'emergency cases') going to have!?!?!