1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

LOOKED-OVER TALENT...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HakeemDream34, Jul 20, 2006.

Tags:
  1. HakeemDream34

HakeemDream34 Member

you think there is anyway we could aquire players who were looked over in the NBA draft...players like WVU's Mike Gansey/Kevin Pittsnogel???

these two for example led WVU to the sweet 16 2 years in a row...amazing three point shooter...and both are unselfish with good fundementals (especially Gansey)...

what you guys think? they could deff hit the open jumper and we could probably get them (as they are both unsigned I beleive) for a good price...

just wondering what you guys thought...

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

They are both with another club. Gansey got a guaranteed 2-year contract with the Heat and Pittsnogle is playing with someone this summer.

3. Diaw

Diaw Member

and is not playing well at all according to draftexpress ... they say he should look at Europe or NBDL ...

4. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I saw plenty of WVU games. The guy is a stiff for his height with below average athleticism. He would be a gigantic liability on defense and is incredibly slow. Great shooter but not much else.

Gansey on the other hand is a guy I would like but we're stocked with undersized 2 guards and combo guards so there's no need for him.

5. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Pittsnogle sucks. He has over 20% body fat.

6. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

it's not like he does anything except jack up threes...

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Eric Peterson 5'8" 200 pound PG out of Texas State, he DOMINATES the passing lanes at the Austin YMCA lunch time league !!

And he can be had for the vet medium......heck...probably for a 6 pack of pearl and a half empty bag of doritos !!!

DD

8. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

The only other person I would consider among the potential #15 guys out there is Pat Carroll. But as it is, our roster is almost filled up, and the only significant hole we have left is at F-C.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

BUT
    Is he a JVG type Player

Rocket River

10. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

He'd be in a crowded position, but here's one: From my Alma Mater, Alan Daniels. Washington was considering taking him in the 2nd round until the NCAA tournament, Lamar didn't make it and he fell off the radar. He's a Shaun Livingston-style combo guard. He simply can't be stopped from scoring, dropped 41 with Rodney Carney in his grill at Memphis. Billy Tubbs says he's got the quickest release of any player he's ever seen. I don't know why he's not in a Summer League somewhere, but if he doesn't get picked up by an NBA-team this year, he'll immediately be a star in Europe.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He would shine his shoes !

DD

12. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

The Heat brought Michael Southall to their Summer League, but have barely played him. With him being 24 already (he spent a year in jail), it's kinda now or never for him, but he might be worth a training camp invite. He's a prototypical dirty work center.

13. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

I agree. Carroll has a nice shooting touch and could be a 2 guard for us. Snyder is almost sure to be in JVG's doghouse after the 1st practice. He did really well in the summer league and it would be nice if they'd invite him to earn a spot on the team. He could have Bowen's spot on the roster.

14. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Be nice. Maybe he'll come back a la Udonis Haslem.

15. kerry Mckee

kerry Mckee Member

I read on some website(draftexpress) that Pittsnogle was terrrible during the summer league games and probably will not be offered a training camp tryout!

16. MandM's

MandM's Member

We already have a team of nobody's

Ex= Hayes , Lucas, Snyder, Alston, Ex-Brunson, Ex-Frahm,

We are becoming a fantasy camp for NBA wanna be's.

This ain't the freakin "RUDY" movie.

17. matty101

matty101 Member

Our rosters almost full as it is and we dont need anymore towel wavers (we got Bowen for that.) Remember the "win now" mentality. I would rather spend the money on a vet (Cato) or a guy thats young with real potenetial (Ariza) Actually Ariza, with minutes, could make an impact. Going by his stats in Orlando last year if JVG gave him 26mpg he'd average almost 10 points and 8 rebounds.

18. H-Dub

H-Dub Member

You know i think ive seen him play and he does look good out their with all those greese stains on his shirt ;) He has JVG written all over him he is a scrapper but did only manage to score 2.4 ppg in the austin mens 40 and over league.

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'm pretty sure those threes got West Virginia to the Elite Eight on year and should have beaten Teaxas the next year

20. geegee1337

geegee1337 Member

I don't think alston is considered a nobody.