1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Long-time TV Shows You Hope Never Go Off the Air

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Jul 31, 2012.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Saturday Night Live - Everybody loves to hate on this show, but it will be a sad day if it ever gets cancelled. Amazing how little the formula has changed in the last 35 years, but it still manages to feel edgy. Where would the world of comedy be without Lorne Michaels?

The Price is Right - Watched this while on vacation last week and it's still a great show. Drew Carey will never be Bob Barker but he's better than when he first started. And the Barker Beauties are still hot as ever!

Monday Night Football - Really lost is cache since moving to ESPN but there should always be an NFL game on Monday night during football season. Wish Al Michaels was still announcing.

Wheel of Fortune - The wife still watches this and I've been getting into it lately. Still a great game show formula and Pat and Vanna are icons.

2. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Member

You're married to a 60 year old woman with arthritis?

1 person likes this.
  3. VanityHalfBlack

4. Classic

Classic Member

A true American Icon:

[​IMG]

5. jank1434

jank1434 Member

Jeopardy!

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Wheel of Fortune is a staple of American television. Also, I don't personally enjoy it, but Survivor has been going on and on and receives great ratings each and every time. Can't see that one ending anytime soon either.

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

you know what always bugged me about Jeopardy! is that only the winner gets the money he has earned on the show.

The second and third place winner get 2k and 1k respectfully regardless of what they won on the show - they could both have earned over 10k on the show but leave with a fraction of that.

Whereas on Wheel of Fortune you keep whatever you win - even if you aren't the overall winner.

As a kid my parents were always saying that they would want me to go on Jeopardy! since it was the more "intelligent" of the two shows, but personally I was like I want to go on the easier show where you win more money and prizes and keep whatever you win. Seemed like the smarter choice to me.

If Jeopardy! did that I am sure they would get more contestants applying, but they probably do not have enough advertising money to do so and even the cash prizes they hand out now to the 2nd and 3rd place finishers is a recent development, when I was a kid they would get something like a blender or something if they didnt place in first.

But back to the topic:

Family Feud
    NBA Inside Stuff (though i believe this is already gone)

8. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Member

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

9. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Breaking Bad :(

10. jank1434

jank1434 Member

I can agree with that. At least on Jeopardy!, if you win, you get to come back. I do agree though that 2nd and 3rd place finishers get shafted (unless you finish in the red, of course).

And their tournaments have a set dollar amount for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, I believe. But those amounts are very generous (250k, 150k, maybe 75k, IIRC).

11. rudan

rudan Member

THE SIMPSONS!

12. Another Brother

Seconded!

13. Rockets Ball

Rockets Ball Member

14. bladeage

bladeage Member

He is a 60 year old woman with arthritis.

15. clutch citizen

I know it's not nearly the same as it was back then, but I still hope The Simpsons never goes off the air. It will be a sad day when The Simpsons airs its final episode.

I also hope Fresh Prince of Bel-Air stays on the air ...

16. bladeage

bladeage Member

16 and Pregnant!

1 person likes this.
  17. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Member

Sportscenter

18. jank1434

jank1434 Member

Only if they bring back Rich Eisen, Kenny Mayne, and Dan Patrick. And old Stuart Scott, not new one.

19. Dei

Dei Member

went bad after Bush. I used to be a big fan.