1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lithuanian "media" quoting this forum

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OpenLayup-Why3?, Feb 23, 2016.

1. OpenLayup-Why3?

You heard me, not clutchfans site, but they made an article about Rockets' fan reactions to DMo's return and translated bunch of comments you guys made in the forum the last couple days.
    Why "media"? Because personally, I think the site's sports column was always very amateur and I don't like it. But doesn't change the fact it's the most popular news site in Lithuania.

Here's a link to it (all in Lithuanian): http://www.delfi.lt/krepsinis/nauji...ju-dienu-prisikele-is-numirusiu.d?id=70489888

And they did not credit clutchfans.net
    Like I said, their sports column is very unprofessional in my opinion. I repeat it, because I know one of them is going to read this. That's right, you suck at your job.

1 person likes this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Nice -- I love that plagiarism that would get one kicked out of journalism school is used on the most popular site in Lithuania.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Nice. Can someone post/translate which comments they took? I can't go to that site at work.

4. conquistador#11

i see a mr dominant being quoted. maybe that's all the need for their Modernlithuanian Language association. =)

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Did they take my patented comments? I'll call my lawyer

6. OpenLayup-Why3?

Quick google translate job, may be confusing, since they translated from english to Lithuanian and I translated that with lousy google.translate back to english. Lost in translation, nevertheless, you can recognize the comments as I did.

1 person likes this.
  7. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

At least, such an opinion to gain a cursory look at their forums and discussions, užvirusias immediately after it turned the Rockets' intentions, then they collapsed. "Knock, knock! What is out there? D-Mo returned. How is it D-Mo returned? D-Mo came back for more three pointers! "- Cheerfully announces one fan, in his message to insert hjustoniečiams perfectly familiar slogan" D-Mo for 3-mo. "

"Our savior is dead, but three days later rose from the dead" - inferior to the ingenuity of the first user, calling himself StrawberryJamm.

"You'll see how the D-Mo will be the one, which will finish the season in the third place of the Western Conference. It will definitely be our X factor ... and prove that for all his wrong '- optimism and spew Mr. Dominant.

8. OpenLayup-Why3?

As you can see, they didn't public any negative comments. Like I said, despite being biggest news site in Lithuania, they aren't very professional. But hillbillies dig it. Fox news is similar in US, I guess :)

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

DaDakota's comments weren't translated, because not even we were able to translate them, despite the EFFORTS of Mr Clutch and SamFisher.

Although, I was able to understand "Nothing is going to harsh my buzz, MAN".

[​IMG]

10. heypartner

Without checking the original thread, I see a Mr Clutch (X Files) and a Bobbythegreat (he was playing 20 minutes two weeks ago)

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

"Kick the can"?

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

My DaDakota generator was working in Latvian but for whatever reason the Lithuanian service kept crashing. :(

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Very disappointed that my "you mean 20 minutes total the rest of the season? that's feasible" or similar did not make the cut.

14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

alright, you delivered this time.

15. bmd

bmd Member

Did anybody see the story to the right of the page near the end of the article?

"Is your vagina nice? The researchers found that what most men like".

:grin:

16. cruwinas_lawona

That's how we bait people to learn Lithuanian. Basketball & vagina makes is proven mix.

17. heypartner

They know what that means, but not the context in which it was used.

Since "Kicking the can down the road" is a national past-time in Lithuania and most all Eastern Bloc countries (it's huge in Poland), they didn't know why he used that way to describe the evil Morey.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

In Soviet-era Lithuania, can KICK YOU down road.

19. bmd

bmd Member

You Lithuanians are a crafty bunch.

20. heypartner

And that's why DMo grew up kicking HIS can down the road with PASSION, EFFORT and NO FEAR .. not to mention SKILLED passes to his friends!!