1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Listen up kids - Hakeem Olajuwon is Underrated

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cohete Rojo, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B9vFgXAPHoY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. OpenLayup-Why3?

I wish Harden sustained an ACL tear and lost his all endorsements so he could mature.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You sound like a cool and rational guy.

2 people like this.
  4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

NOW THAT'S MATURE.... what he needs is to be called out by the team... especially by management and coach!

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

thats smart. you're smart.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

This chick has me feeling things in my pants.

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

They should mention blocks, steals, DPOYS, and FMVPS weren't always as factor. Video did do well mentioning Hakeem's supreme competition and many of his feats.

Video didn't mention Olajuwon's 2 rebounding titles. Another advantage he has over guys like Shaq and Duncan... not once, but twice :cool:

9. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

That was a nice video.

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This narrator gets 10 out of 5 stars.

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Think I found my wife...:)

12. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

this was beautiful. made all the right point succinctly. five stars

13. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

That's nuts. BUT I do wish Addidas had a performance based out clause and yanked that 200M yanked out from under him. Then have Khloe caught speaking in to some d-bags meat microphone so he would exit that b.s. Lifestyle. Then, maybe then, he would look inward.

14. Caesar

Caesar Member

When you have a player like SHAQ who didn't ever improve, was fat and lazy, and only got much much for dominant #s because all of the great centers got old or retired and had to face the likes of Tod McCouloch(sp?), a player who was routinely outrebounded by much smaller men and out blocked by much shorter big men and who played with another top 10 player and another top 30 player of all time and another who could have been a top 30 player of all time had he maintained health, this super egotistical player that is always routinely seen as greater than Hakeem? Yeah. Underrated.

When you have Kareem. A guy who put up dominant numbers just like everyone else in the early to mid 70s, got to play with a top 10 player-Mr Triple Double and then got to play with a top 3 player ever in Magic and 3 other HOF'ers but had no out of this world numbers after the NBA-ABA merger which is common among 70s players who's stats fell down to earth coinciding with that merger that wasn't even the best player on his team for over a decade...when that player is nearly 99% seen as better than Hakeem. Yeah. Underrated.

When you have Tim Duncan. A guy who was drafted into a team with a Top 5 Center of all time, and played his entire career with 2 other top 100 players and an endless amount of above average role players, a player who hasn't needed to be the best player on his team for the past 6 years but in his prime beat an 8th seeded Knicks team in a short lockout season, a Nets team who's leading scorer was Jason Kidd, a great Pistons team going for back-to-back which is extremely difficult as the Spurs have proven, a sad and pathetic Cavs team, a Heat team that Tim didn't even have to be 2nd best player to defeat. When this player is automatically and routinely placed above Hakeem mostly because of team or organization success, then yeah..underrated.

When you have a guy who played with so many HOF'ers that you can't keep count, a guy who played in a league with only 8 teams, and only dominated one side of the ball and was atrocious as a scoring threat and always seen as better than you because of TEAM success, then yeah, you are underrated.

Wilt is the only big man i accept as better than Hakeem. Both Wilt and Hakeem didn't get to play with anyone significant until they were both nearing mid 30s. Give Wilt or Hakeem a Magic, an Oscar, a Kobe, a Penny, a DWade, or a system and organization like the Spurs we'd be talking without a doubt #1 and #2 big men of all time and probably both top 3 of all time.

2 people like this.
  15. ibm

ibm Member

great post. i feel exactly the same.

only question is,,, is td really "automatically and routinely placed above Hakeem"? never knew that...

16. Caesar

Caesar Member

He's almost universally seen as the GOAT PF now, which makes them place him over Hakeem. It's what i almost always see.

17. ibm

ibm Member

i agree, too, that td is the goat. but that's ONLY IN THE PF POSITION.

overall and individually, dream is quite better than td.

18. onreego

onreego Member

Wow. Are you and ISOball the same person?

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Duncan @ PF is a farce perpetuated by Popovich to keep Tim as an All-Star starter. SA's coach knew Shaq would always get voted ahead of Duncan.

Agreed. Unfortunately, TD will be remembered by the masses as "greater". Duncan gets ranked All-Time as high as 6th, while Hakeem doesn't even make most Top 10s.

20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

The numbers are clear! :eek:

[​IMG]

Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon...FTW!!! GO ROCKETS!!! :cool:

Watching this video (still feeling euphoric) reminds me of those ignorant Mavs fans that claimed Dirtvisky was better than Hakeem because he passed him on the all-time scoring list. Ignorance and stupidity, are common traits that seem to flourish in the DFW area! ;)