1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Linconsistency a sign of stardom

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Mar 4, 2013.

1. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

Lin needs to get his trade value up, so Morey will be less hesitant to trade him this offseason.

2. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

It was to get the cliff/chris paul joke in

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he needs to work on getting his shot off quicker, as well as 'catch & shoot'. right now he seems limited in his shot attempts because he needs to set both feet together and bring the ball all the way down as part of his shooting mechanics. oftentimes the defender closes out on him in time and he's forced to just pass or dribble instead..

4. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

THANK YOU!!!!! Finally, a legit post regarding Jeremy Lin. He's had way too many amazing game to write him off as a failure!!!

5. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Good point.

And those are the exact "home-runs" that McHale's cardiovascular system cannot take well. //smh

1 person likes this.
  6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Not a sign of stardom, but a sign of star potential.

Part of being a star is being able to remain confident and consistent.

Players that have their confidence easily shaken won't end up being a star.

That being said I think he could become something like Lowry was last year. A borderline all-star. Although, if he does play like a top 5 PG in the West, fan voting could get him in.

7. Karolik

Karolik Member

And the Rockets will win a championship. Super optimism FTW!

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

If he wasn't inconsistent he would already by a star

9. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I think CP3 is the only player in the league who can play a pure pg role and be an elite player, well I guess Rondo.

10. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Don't be surprised if, if he isn't already, he follows the trajectory as Tony Parker.

1. Gets trashed on by coach early on in career
    2. Inconsistent jumper
    3. Nearly same assist / TO ratio
    4. Great finisher

11. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Didn't Brandon Jennings have a 60 point game?

12. Matt78777

Matt78777 Member

I still think Tony Parker is a good comparison for Lin. Both are speedy guys who can finish, came into the league with a shaky jumper and subpar floor general skills. TP is 6'2 185, Lin is 6'3 200. Their career arcs will be different since Tony Parker began his career at 20, but I don't see why they can't have similar ceilings.

13. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

except 1 guy gets solid coaching, the other guy has a former all time great at PF who didnt even let Montiejunas see the court until he had no choice.

14. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Man, Lin fans just take every opportunity to beat up on McHale.

15. zdrav

zdrav Member

At what point in his career was that game?

16. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Lin is already a superstar as a person....just not a superstar as a player.:grin:

17. HamJam

HamJam Member

It is sort of like the old story of the baseball scout watching two different players -- they each run to 1st base at the same speed, but the first one has terrible form and the 2nd one has perfect form, so which do you sign. The answer of course being the one with terrible form, because once you teach him proper form, he'll be the faster of the two.

Lin is the first runner -- he has the potential to get better than, say, I don't know, Raymond Felton. It is not guaranteed, but he has shown it is within him.

Personally though, I think going into next season, after he's had a training camp and preseason with the team, that Beverly will give Lin a run for his money. I'm not saying trade Lin or anything, you definitely should keep them both since neither is a sure thing, but I really like what I've seen from Beverly so far this season on both sides of the court.

18. boiler

boiler Member

You either replied in the wrong tread or were hallucinating.

1 person likes this.
  19. megastahr

megastahr Member

hahaha...nice

20. Matt78777

Matt78777 Member

Not fair to compare Player X's one great game (e.g. Charlie V, Brandon J) to Lin's great streak, and continued smattering of good games. Last night he played awesome. I'd take production like that on a nightly basis. A better comparison is Parsons, who last year had great all around games and then some clunkers. This year his production is a lot closer to his great games than it is to "somewhere in the middle."