1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin tried to call a play, Harden ignored it

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bob718, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

/thread

LOFs going absolute bat **** crazy because Lin got yelled at lol. The inmates are running the asylum. Watch out for stray bullets.

1 person likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Harden is starting to piss me off, McHale should sit him down when he does crap like this.

Popovich doesn't let anyone get away with it...neither should McHale.

DD

3. timyeung

timyeung Member

Actually when Melo came back from injury he would not listen to D'Antoni.
    That's why D'Antoni left the Knicks.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Member

Does crap like what?

Read the thread, this has been completely debunked.

5. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Member

Agreed. But Pop and McHale are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Haren wouldn't survive in San Antonio. He would've been waived or traded long before it got to this stage.

6. myjohnlai

myjohnlai Member

Do we need more evident to tell us that there is a problem with the dude in teamwork?

:eek:

7. willwmc

willwmc Member

was it a poorly run play?...absolutely
    could it have been prevented....hell yeah

the reason all the players took their sweet ass time going up the court was because they were expecting mchale to call timeout; but he didn't.

this shiity play could have been executed much better with a simple timeout.

Mchale's decisions are simply appalling, why he doesn't call a timeout during a game deciding play is beyond me.

8. Blast_Off

Blast_Off Member

Harden would be fine in San Antonio.

9. LoLin

LoLin Member

Thanks for the explanation. Lin did dribble too deep into the coverage on that play, that he had to do a turn pass instead lobbing it to Parson. However, Parson was still open when he caught the pass and had a good look, instead, he pump faked again and drove into double coverage.

10. playdo

playdo Member

I would give a benefit of a doubt to Harden. He probably had a mental lapse or disagreement with coach's call. Just throwing tantrums on the court I think. I am sure McHale addressed it today during practice. It has nothing to do with Lin. It was frustrating watching the game and I think it was frustrating for players yesterday too.

11. autoprt

autoprt Member

well next that happens lin should just dribble to an open spot and shoot and makes sure he drains it...and keep doing it until they listen.

12. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Harden just stands there and does nothing if he doesn't have the ball in his hands. Really disappointing. His defense and his attitude have been poor as of late.

13. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Lin is calling the play like the PG is supposed to do...Bev, Parsons and Garcia are all highly attentive, meanwhile Harden is seen walking off into the sunset as if the final, crucial play of the game doesn't even matter.

Why is this news? Harden doesn't play defense either when he doesn't feel like it.

MVP candidates can do whatever they want, OP; they abide by different rules; haven't you learned that yet?

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I love how despite the fact that multiple people have explained Harden was doing what he was supposed to on this particular play there are posters just ignoring it and continuing on with the selfish Harden line.

15. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

While he was getting to his spot slow, he was going to the correct spot on the floor. I'm sure he would have rather liked the ball in his hand during this crucial time in the game but to say he went there because he was uninterested are just ridiculous.

16. EyeAmCommi

EyeAmCommi Member

No. Read this article and see how his behavior is unbecoming regarding this particular set/play.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/this-weird-on-court-exchange-between-james-harden-and-jeremy-lin/

17. EyeAmCommi

EyeAmCommi Member

Read the article I posted earlier to get an idea as to the issues they really have on the court.

18. Pete the Cheat

Just because it's on the Internet doesn't make it a festering pile of crap. The thread debunks the issue with Xs and Os and you link us to E!

19. EyeAmCommi

EyeAmCommi Member

Just highlighting an issue between teammates. I'm sure they'll work things out with time.

20. linsomnia

linsomnia Member

This particular video is overblown, I think it was just miscommunication issues. I think Lin was also too impatient, if anything he was probably frustrated with Harden and Parsons walking around out there on the court.