1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Life imitates art

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by StupidMoniker, Jun 22, 2007.

1. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I was watching the Yankees/Giants game and there was an advertisement for a store called I Sold It. The commercial goes on to explain that they will sell your stuff on eBay. This store is an exact copy of the one from the 40 Year Old Virgin. their website

2. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Well the store chain started in 2003 and the movie came out in 2005.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

They've had these type stores for a long time now. At least 5-6 years. But most of them go bust, since its somewhat of a raw deal they offer their customers. They take about 30-40% of final auction price.

Anyone who isn't a grandpa or an idiot should know themselves how to sell on Ebay.

4. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

heh heh. what do they saw? Owned?

5. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Then I stand corrected. I had never heard of it prior to today though.