1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's jell, let's not gel

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sailor, Nov 24, 1999.

1. sailor

sailor Member

I know I am being a nerd here, and this is off topic, but this is from Webster's:

jell v : become gelatinous; "the liquid jelled after we added the enzyme" [syn: {set}, {congeal}]

gel n : a colloid is a more solid form than a sol v : apply mousse to; of hair [syn: {mousse}]

and:
    (gell) Gill \Gill\, n. A leech. [Also {gell}.] [Scot.] --Jameison.

Considering CB and Dream's hair style, we don't seem to have much chance to "gel" this season :)

Sailor

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

3. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Then what the hell is "Jell-O"?

4. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

jello's the stuff that anderson made green basketballs out of w/ his friend larry miller before he went to houston (slc joke)

5. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

I stand corrected. I would definately like for this team to Jell not Gel... or maybe not... I would like this team to come together, be more solid, AND flow smoothly. can I have all three? And they wonder why English is the most difficult language to learn...
    Out (Aught)

------------------
    The truth is out there... but not in the post.

6. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Then why is "gelatinous" not spelled "jellatinous"????

I say we start a campaign to get this changed.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

You're right Sailor... you are being a nerd.

8. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Gellian Anderson is a hottie

CBrownFanClub