1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron's not taking a paycut.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by meh, Jun 28, 2014.

1. ribbit

ribbit Member

You have to opt out first. Then, ask two of your friends at work to take a paycut. ;)

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Man ... more and more BOSH is looking like a Bish

Rocket River

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

How would that work? In my mind it could be:

Discuss with the big 3 their desired salary. Lets say it's 45 mil total.
    Drop rights on everyone who's not the big 3, and maybe Anderson, should leave them at about 49 mil in expected salary (cap still full)
    Line up 2 guys to take that 13 mil. Check with Lebron if that works, then signings start.
    Wade, Bosh sign=> creates around 15 mil in space, sign new guys
    Sign room level guy, anderson, and some vets
    Sign Lebron

I think we should expect Bosh and Wade to sign early

4. pocketrocket81

Forgive me if this has already been stated in another thread/post somewhere else. Could Lebron James saying he wants max money be a smokescreen to see if the Heat can shake up a few teams thinking they might have a chance to get Lebron by releasing a few good role players to clear cap space ? I know it's highly unlikely but just curious is all.

5. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Wow, only 9 points all season? That's insane :eek: /s

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If he wants the max, and he wants to win, Miami isn't the place unless they ditch Wade and Bosh takes less or they ditch Bosh too. They can use a new coach or someone to help with the offense too. I still think he chooses to get stuck in Miami but it doesn't make sense.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

I expect Lebron will take a paycut for Miami, but will expect the max from any other team. He'll take a paycut because he owes it to Wade for opting out and forfeiting a bunch of money. I'm sure he and Wade already have an understanding as to what sacrifices each of them will make for the sake of the Superfriends.

8. meh

meh Member

At this point. Assuming the Rockets can get Love or Melo, I would actually be thrilled if LeBron goes back to Miami. I think that team may not even reach the finals. And if they do, it will be a spanking by any WC representative... Hopefully us of course. It will be making up for loss time from when we couldn't face the Bulls teams 20 years ago.

9. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Lebron WILL take a paycut. There is no doubt about it. Can he even sign with Miami without doing so? Does he really expect Wade and Bosh to take THAT much less? Absolutely not.

Lebron will be back in Miami guaranteed and when he takes less than the max, everyone will treat him like a savior who sacrificed for the betterment of his team. Gag

10. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Seriously, I don't want to see any top free agents coming to the West if they don't come to Houston. And I don't want to see any stars move around in the West either. We can win with this current core group if all things stay the same. We just need to fill some holes. Lebron, Love, or Bosh would be nice, but I don't think any of them are necessary for us to contend next season.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

There is NO reason for him to take a paycut. He's the best player in the league and an all time great in his prime. Owners are sitting back and laughing at this new mentality beaten into fans, about a paycut being an unspoken rule if you really want to win. For a player like Lebron, teams need to go into the LT... plain and simple.

12. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

If he goes to Cleveland, then he doesnt need to take a paycut and has a stud PG and potentially a stud SG/SF in Wiggins already in place.

13. tinywang

tinywang Member

I think it's stupid of them to take paycuts. How many millions you willing to pay for a championship (that's not even guaranteed)?

With that said, if Lebron is truly chasing a legacy in which he hopes to become GOAT and greater that MJ, then yes, he needs to take a pay cut to make it easier for him before his time runs out.

14. lalala902102001

A max contract is an underpayment for Lebron. Seriously.

15. BinBinRingRing

Shouldn't a player consider taking a pay cut only if the owner is willing to go over the salary cap?

16. juanm34

juanm34 Member

He will get max pay and Miami will wash this season with another finals appearnce loss. Then wade will retire and the upgrades begin.

17. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

yeah I'm sure Wade will retire 1 year after opting out of a 40 mil+ contract...

18. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Lebron has never been the highest paid player on his team, Fact.

19. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

One of a few in the league that deserves max contract.

20. DreamRoxCoogFan

He doesn't owe Wade anything. I hate Miami, but if Wade didn't have LeBron, he'd be wasting away as a lottery team like he was before LeBron came and changed everything. If anything, Wade owes LeBron everything now. This is coming from a guy who dislikes LeBron.