1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Anderson, UCLA

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by jimbo0488, Nov 24, 2013.

1. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

haha that was in reference to his play creating ability, he is one of the best passers ala MCW and Royce White

2. jimbo0488

jimbo0488 Member

Update on Anderson:

Now averaging 15.5 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 6.6 apg, 1.8 spg, 0.8 bpg. Shooting 52% from the field, 53% from 3, 76% FT

Coming off a 28 points (10-16 fg, 5-5 3pt) 7 ast, 7 reb game.

Over his last 5 games:

18 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 6.2 apg!!!

3. awc713

awc713 Member

ESPN has us taking him an their most updated mock

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

i would be surprised if kyle comes out - he is a big guard and yeah i have seen most if not all of his games -- he would be a good bench guard but his lack of speed may end up hurting him big time in the pros. he doesnt have a reliable shot just yet -- and he wont be able to go into the inside and post in the pros as much with his size alone.

UCLA had a big PG in Cedric Bozeman several years ago who was drafted but did not stay in the NBA for long and barely made any impact.

Anderson is better than Bozeman but I dont see him being a starter in the league because of his lack of athleticism and speed and being a backup is possible but i think it will really depend for him on the team he lands on. I think he can do well in a reserve role on the right team

5. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

To me, he's the most interesting prospect outside of top10. He's got standing reach better than all the power forwards we drafted in Morey era, along with good rebounding/block rate, so I think he should play the strech 4 position with his much improved outside shooting.

Lottery talent IMO.

6. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

Disclaimer: I know I am probably more of a fan of his than most.

If you watch him play he has a real nice and consistent mid range jumper, he can average more points but looks for others a lot, also I think one of the most underrated things to have on a basketball team is multiple ball handlers. I know he is not John Wall fast but I have yet to see him really out of waters because of his speed (some examples were dribble drives which worked well against him, but he shuffles decently, you also don't want him at the top of key pick and rolls killed him).

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

LAWL.

Royce can't guard anything even IF he could get on a plane to get to the game.