1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Kevin Martin: "Treating players like assests will get you NO WHERE!"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ObamaFan, Jul 1, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Is that foolish quote turning out to be true!

2. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Where is the quote context?

3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

You're an idiot. I mean that in the nicest way possible.

2 people like this.
  4. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

What was your first clue? Thread title, content, or user name? I would make a poll, but it would be a trick question. Answer: all of the above.

5. rocketsfaninala

Kevin Martin is just butt hurt. Seriously people, it's because we don't have a star. Other stars want to play with other stars now, not come to a team that has no stars. We will either have to luck up and land a star through free agency or find one through the draft. Tell me what team with average players in the NBA doesn't have a high rate of change with their roster? If we kept average players around people would b**** about not changing enough and when we try to make change people try to b**** about it too. People wanted us to go young and now that we are going young they're people b****ing about that too. Is there any winning with anyone around here?

6. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Or maybe Morey is in over his head

7. smr6

smr6 Member

Next 20 topics made will be some variation of "Morey needs to be fire", "Morey's asset approach is getting us nowhere", "why do all players hate Houston", "why do we go after stars that do NOT want to be here", and of course "we need to tank now!".

8. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

awwwwww

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

[​IMG]

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

If K-Mart played like Lebron I guarantee players would be lining up to play here. They did for Hakeem and they will again once we get a superstar. The Bulls have been treating their players like assets for years and you don't hear about anyone crying about it because their feelings were hurt.

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

My question is this....

Name me a team in the NBA that is not going to treat its players as assets? Please just one.

The Mavs? Nope. Cuban trades more players than Morey over the years. Dallas was a non-stop carousel of players not named Dirk until they got the right combo.

Spurs? Lakers? Heat? Bulls? They all treat their players the same as DM.

Guess what? As long as you are not an elite level talent then you are a candidate for a trade. It does not matter what city your team is in, what the mascot is, who the GM is or who the owner is. If Kevin Martin is such an untradable commodity then why did Sacramento trade his ass?

Oh wait, that's right Sacramento traded Kevin Martin but Houston is the only organization that treats its players like assets right? :rolleyes:

If your an NBA player you sure as hell better hope some team in the NBA sees you as an asset or you will find your ass unemployed!

12. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Oh come on, you and i both know Morey goes overboard with his assest chasing. Kevin Martin was traded because he couldnt play with Tyreke Evans and they needed a big guy. Come on

Morey collects like players of the same position like trading cards hoping a team will bite and take one. And is usually on the wrong side of deals recently like the Twill and Thabeet trade( oh but wait we got D-Mo in that trade). For our sake i hope this kid turns into a stud, because not only did we not include him for the 5th pick, we probably lost Dwight Howard because of him. If he flops, it will just be another long list of potential BIG moves gone wrong

He is already showed when its time to make a deal he is scared. Last years deal for Pau Gasol actually saved Morey from more embarrasment. Because if you look at what we gave up, every other team would have won in that deal except us.

In Morey We Trust

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It might be true that the path is marginal dangerous to walk
    but Kevin is in no position to assert himself like that....
    Never led a team much in the 4th, not an allstar, star or superstar to begin with

14. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

You dodged his question sir.

15. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

It's assets. Jesus Christ.....ASSETS.

In what realm of stupidity are you hearing that extra 'S' before the T. I really wish this whole thread was a conversation at a sports bar so I could have repeatedly heard you pronounce assests while all of us sit around trying to contain laughter as you continue on.

Instead we just have to laugh at your ****ty reasoning skills....

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I wonder if the Rox have the most turnover in the league under Morey - it sure seems like it.

DD

17. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

nobody answered mine

Is that "foolish" quote by Kevin Martin actually starting to become true

Morey has been collecting assests for 3 years, no star player

Oh and the Mavs have been loyal to their best players like Terry, and their other players of the past. They even stuck by Josh Howard after the whole (incident with the "national anthem") quote. He was only gone after he tore his ACL and was not the same player. The Lakers have Kobe so everybody wants to go there. Im talking about small market teams.

Morey shows no loyalty to our best players, so why would a star player wanna come here. Look at Aaron Brooks who would not even cost as much as Dragic right now, and Lowry who you could say is underpaid( and younger than Dragic), who he now has alienated, and because of that Morey will now will probably be forced to pay double for a player who isnt even better than the PG we have under contract( because Gogi's agent is holding him hostage lol)

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Sorry Kmart, but if you were good enough you wouldn't be treated like an asset.

19. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

ok your blaming me for clutchfans no having an edit button.. stop changing the subject. The fact still remains that Morey has been collecting assests since he got here, and nothing to show for it

20. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Why are you blaming Martin, Morey is the one that traded for him