1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Keon Clark or Scott Pollard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by countingcrow, Jul 24, 2000.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

Both of these players would fit nicely at the PF position in the Rockets lineup. I watched Clark play a couple games in '99 and he was just plain awesome. He has great jumping ability for a big man, he has a knack of scoring when he needs to, and he is a rebounding machine. And lets not forget his greatest skill which is shot-blocking......he is a monster. Imagine him and Cato lined up next to each other, WOW! Pollard is one of those junkyard dog type of players that the Rockets are lacking. Pig Miller is about the closest thing we have to Pollard and that is not very close. Pollard plays great defense and likes to clean up the boards and makes a living on put-backs and short jumpers. He is a much-needed scrapper and would help us tremendously.

To acquire Keon Clark from Denver what would it take? Would they be interested in Walt, Drew, Kenny, or maybe potential-bust Jason Collier?

Pollard is a free agent and I am not sure what he is being offered or if he has even received any offers, but it is possible he could take one of our exceptions if he wanted to play in Houston.

------------------

[This message has been edited by countingcrow (edited July 24, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by countingcrow (edited July 24, 2000).]

2. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I think Houston has it's Center position set with Hakeem/Cato/Collier/Pig

those two wouldn't be great at the PF.

I would rather stick with KT/Collier/Los.

I really think those two are not worth that much, and I don't want the Rockets to overpay them.

------------------
    I am so exasperated that I could expectorate.

3. RENDIGGLER3:20

i would love to have keon.

just imagine CATO&CLARK splitting minutes at the 4&5,then we may possibly could bring collier in for some offense at the 5,then langhi,thomas,and bullard can play 4or3,then you may get some minutes from dream,but this would be good i think in 2 seasons or so because clark has potential and he runs the floor good for a big man,which works well in are run&gun offense.

------------------

4. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Can you say Mario Elie in a bigger body? Well thats who Pollard is. If you watched any of his games last year you would know he was one of the most agressive players in the league. He has a Lambier mentality without all dirtyness. I would love to have him on my team and Keon would also be a nice fit. My wish list would be any of these following guys Jerome Williams, Bo Outlaw, Pollard, Darvin Ham, John Thomas, or Zan Tabak. I know I am leaving out some guys but any of these guys would do. I also wanted Gary Trent but he resigned with Dallas. But to tell you the truth I don't think we will pick any of these players up. I think Rudy's goal this year is to suck, and suck we will. What I think he is trying to do is get a top three pick next year. The way we drafted it was almost a sure thing couple that with that disloyal kitty we have and we might have the most ping pong balls in the league next year. I think we need a new assistant coach in the organization. Some fresh face because this draft ranks right up there with the patterson regime, the only thing that prevented this draft from being in the top 5 of the Rockets worst drafts is the fact that we got an extra 1st rounder in next years draft, but then again its a lotto protected pick and will most likely be a 16+pick. Oh well at least football season is starting soon.

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

When is this idiotic talk of tanking going to stop? We will never tank. EVER. Rudy and the team has too much integrity and talent. I think we will make the playoffs next season, but that's just my opinion. But to say we will suck and tank is just plain stupid. And by the way, this draft could be one of the top 5 drafts in Rocket history for all you know. Why don't you shut up about the draft until you actually see more of Collier and Langhi than a few BS scouting reports and you actually see them in the NBA?

------------------
    http://www.saveourcuttino.com

6. alaskansnowman

"Why don't you shut up about the draft until you actually see more of Collier and Langhi than a few BS scouting reports and you actually see them in the NBA?
    "-CAT

HAHAHAHAHAH. Damn CAT, I've heard you say that about 20 times in the last few days!

But I do agree with you, whole-heartedly. Collier and Langhi were some decent pick-ups and I think they'll contribute well to this team. Collier hasnt had the best summer league yet, but I think his back is stil hurting, plus he's a lil nervous. Langhi looks to have a lot of potential with his solid shooting, much like Stojakovic. And the additional first rounder in next year's draft is a big plus also.

As far as Keon and Pollard, I'd rather have Keon becuz he seems to have more potential. But if it's scrappers/hustlers that we need, we dont have to get Pollard or Keon. There's already sum1 called TYRONE WASHINGTON, that will be perfect for the dirty-work/rebounder/scrapper position. Why not just get Tyronne?

------------------
    treasurer of the moochie norris fan club

7. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

"To acquire Keon Clark from Denver what would it take? Would they be interested in Walt, Drew, Kenny, or maybe potential-bust Jason Collier?"

no. i swear you guys do this every week.

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Out of the two, I would pick Keon. Not only does he have more potential, as someone already said, but he is a better offensive player, and also can play many positions, which is something Rudy really likes. Also his athletism is greater than that of Pollard.

------------------
    http://www.saveourcuttino.com

9. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Keon's too weak to play center. That's why the Nugz have been trying to add a center a week this offseason.

Keon also doesn't fit our offense at the PF.

Scott Pollard is not going leave the Kings for a lesser role with the Rockets.

[This message has been edited by oakdogg (edited July 24, 2000).]

10. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Well I wont tell you how much your post just made me laugh Cat. 1st off I will admit I have NEVER seen LANGHI play. Nor had I ever heard of the guy. Lets say he is a steal from what I have heard of the guy he sounds like a 4 version of David Wood, not too shabby. But the likely hood of him having any real impact in the NBA is very small. 2nd rounders are usualy busts anyhow. Now lets for example say he has some impact as a 2nd rounder. COLLIER I have seen and although he was pretty good in college against mediocre opponents he is just a lemming in the NBA he will be nothing more than someone who comes off the bench to TRY and lure a dominant big man out on the perimeter with his shooting. Which quite frankly is a skill which is all too common in the NBA and EUROPE. Lets be nice and say he has the same impact as Micheal Doleac did for the Magic. This although not one of the worst drafts we have ever had is one that actualy hurts us more than it helps us. Why? Well Collier's talents could have been found for less than his rookie contract. Anyhow thanks for the laughs it made the draft seem.... well funner [​IMG]

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day