1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenny Thomas > Webber

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, Mar 28, 2005.

1. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Webber
    20 pts
    10 boards
    3 assists

KT
    20 pts
    15 boards
    4 assists

Kings Win

KT is proving to the warrior Rudy T envisioned him to be. If Juwan can be HALF as good as KT, we'll win the championship NOW.

[​IMG]

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Skinner's stats in that game weren't bad either.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I feel kind of bad for webber basketball wise. His screw up in the NCAA tourney along with almost beating the Lakers. It looks like his time has almost passed him by.

4. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

is it just me or do these pics of KT and iguodala look exactly alike? same dunk, same number......

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. aries323

aries323 Member

After basically the fact that Webber's knees are both "shot out" I might have to agree with you, but the fact is Webber's days as a top notch PF is over, he's worn down and washed up IMO.

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

i agree. compare a Webber with good knees to Kenny Thomas now anre your inequality equation goes out the window. Fact of the matter is, Webber is still a good player. How WOULD KT be a better player? He hustles on the glass and is a better defender.

7. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Webber, when not hurt, is a great player.
    But his time is passing fast and he's not worth all that money they paid him now. Webber also seems like he complains alot. KT doesnt complain. He's a humble Rudy T type PF in the tradition of Otis Thorpe.

8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

Well he was worth it when he signed it. It's a contract and who's dumb enough to say 'ok i suck now and i'm not worth all this money, you go on ahead and take it all back'. And KT ain't any more humble than the next NBA player.

9. redgoose

redgoose Member

I'm starting to think you put anyone in a Kings uniform and they'll be a star. Kenny Thomas is doing it now. Mike Bibby became a max player. When they signed Brad Miller to that big contract i thought they were idiots. He's turned out to play better than expected. Mobley's playing great. Then if you look at the players that left their team, just off the top of my head, it's seems like all but Jason Williams has declined. But i'd still take Webber and his bad knees over all of our power forwards.

10. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Yes he is more humble.
    Who else in the NBA got attacked by a dog?

11. Hmm

Hmm Member

Doug Christie.. or atleast, according to a lot of the male posters here :p

12. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Member

Thank god for KT. He's appearing to be picking up the slack for my lost brad miller.

Though I have shareef, jamison and KT on my fantasy team so theya re a bit redundant. Jamison is out but bobby simmons just came free in my league. Is he worth picking up?

13. SamCassell

SamCassell Member

F*** Kenny Thomas.

14. richirich

richirich Member

I wouldn't mind still having KT right now. But just a guess, and that's all it is - I guess that everything that went down with the KT trade for Posey that besides Rudy giving the ball to EG without EG really earning it, that KT was tired of standing around watching the Steve & Cuttino show every night.

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

I've always liked KT, and was sad to see him go. I think the reason why it's taken him so long to flourish is that he just isnt very charismatic, and was never heralded as some kind of impact player.

16. Cesar^Geronimo

I watched some of the Sixer-Laker game -- Igoudala looked really good. I wonder if that is why webber's minutes are down.

17. Man

Man Member

lol yup that's all I rmemeber. Wasnt' that an inside thign? Someone talked with him in Miami or something..

Anyways..yeah I don't like "the fact" (used a lot in this thread) that he said that about Houston.

But I do think he's a good player. I remember used to call him a black hole cuz he wouldn't pass..and well yeah he was a ballhog. And he's undersized..but he hustles and rebounds and is a tenacious defender..he can jump too..he doesn't really have emotions..besides the F!@# Houston.

I don't know...but yeah I'd have to agree with KT > WEbber..especially with Skinner and whoever else. I think the King sfans will begin to agree too. Forget about Webber.

18. emjohn

emjohn Member

The Easter Bunny, a healthy Allan Houston, Santa Claus, a healthy Chris Webber, and a dumb blond are all trying to pick up a $20 bill. Who gets it?

Evan

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

I do!

20. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Explain this one Seinfeld.