1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenny Thomas' performance tonight.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pass 1st shoot 2nd, Nov 29, 1999.

1. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Well, Fox Sports Southwest screwed San Antonio again. No coverage of the Rockets tonight, and I'm stuck with Court Side Live and NBA.COM. Anyway, how does Kenny Thomas look tonight. So far he's got two boards and is scoreless. What are the good and bad things that I can't see for myself about his game?

2. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

He looks great!He's hitting the boards, popping threes,taking charges,and blocking shots.
    I'm shocked!why hasn't Rudy ever played him before?

[This message has been edited by Hardwood Hammer (edited November 29, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Hardwood Hammer (edited November 29, 1999).]

3. Curly

Curly Member

He sure is making the most out of his playing time tonight. Steals, assists, blocks, rebounds, threes...a couple of turnovers trying to pass it down court....other than that, he looks like he is on a mission. All in about 8 minutes of play!

4. alaskansnowman

i'm listening to the game on radio. i hear he's playing pretty well. he's got a block, some rebounds, and a few points, and probably a bit more. I HEAR THAT MOST OF KENNY'S SHOTS HAVE JUST RIMMED OUT. The radio announcer keeps sayin that Kenny could easily be in double figures if the shots just rim in.

5. TraJ

TraJ Member

All of the things that I've read about Kenny says that he can put the ball in the basket, and even from long range. He's also a pretty good passer for a big man. I can't watch the game either, but it sounds like he's doing some of the things he was known for in college.

6. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

He's getting schooled by Okezie right now.

7. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Sorry guys, but I am feeling the urge to put forth my best LHutz impersonation...

What? Kenny Smith is bak?!? How could the Duke of Truth have missed such an important free agint signing?!?! Now all of yoo skreaming four a veteran points gard shood shuddup!! Huh? Cuz we got one!! Now we shood move Matt Baloney out of the starting lineup and put Steve Franklin on the bench where he belongs!! Kenny Hand is much better!!! Now we will go on a win streak.

Rockets will win Super Bowl 19 Man!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Achebe

Achebe Member

lhutz must have been hilarious. unfortunately, now i have to wonder if almu caught a spelling mistake in a post of mine, since he compared me to the guy... (or else it was that 'man i'm tired of being right' tirade)

9. JeffB

JeffB Member

Trep Fans, wasn't Ekezie a top NBA PF prospect before he tore his achilles last year? I heard that teams gave up on him because he hadn't fully recovered by draft time, but the Grizz took him because 1) He and Francis are friends and 2) If he does recover from the injury he would be one darn good PF.

------

Stu Jackson really screwed up with the Vancouver draft this year. Before the draft he knew two things: 1) Francis did not want to play for him and 2) Lamar Odom wanted to play for the Grizzlies.

10. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

He along with Stevie was instrumental to Maryland's success.He was projected to be a top 20 pick if he hadn't gotten injured.He looked really good in there tonight.Obinna tore up Thomas.

[This message has been edited by Hardwood Hammer (edited November 30, 1999).]

11. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Kenny Thomas was impressive. He's not great, but no one expects him to play like this, given that he's not been playing significant time this season.

With Kenny Thomas playing this good, I'm again in question about Rudy's player rotation.

12. Rudyball

Rudyball Member

HH,

Would have liked to have seen him in some extended minutes.

Rocketabilty,
    I wouldn't question the starting lineup because KT isn't in it, though. One game against the Griz doesn't make a starter. I do believe he will be an impact player if given some PT to develop. I hope that he can use this time to make a statement for PT.

13. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

Some people on this board have questioned Kenny putting up some 3's and missing, I think.

I saw him in an open practice in preseason and thought he didn't look like a rookie. He just needs an opportunity. With Hakeem out maybe he is another that will get some time. I like what I saw of him.

14. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Rudyball,

I am not saying Kenny Thomas should be the starter. Did you notice I said "player rotation"? I mean he should see more PT.

Hey! His 3's did look good last night.