1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Keep Willis!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by datsmrcb2u, Jun 29, 2002.

1. datsmrcb2u

datsmrcb2u Member

I think now, Kevin Willis will be more valuable than ever. The Rockets have no veteran leadership, and Willis is just that. With all this talk of the other players hating/dreading the thought of Yao Ming, why not keep Willis so he can be our "enforcer" (not necessarily on the court, but more in the lockerroom) and make sure nothing gets out of hand? And besides, how can you not like a class act like Kevin Willis?

2. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Member

I think Ming would benefit from a Willis. Willis is a hard working, class act guy that could give Yao some pointers about developing his body. I remember last year in numerous games where you saw Kevin trying to give Cato advice on the sideline during a time out but of course Kelvin looked very disinterested. Did anyone alse notice that?

3. Justin

Justin Member

I wouldn't mind keeping Willis but he would never play a minute in a game Cato and Ming will get all the playing time this season. Unless we unload Cato somewhere we shouldnt keep Willis.

4. New Jack

New Jack Member

The roster is just so full right now that I don't think there's any room for him. I think they should just hire Willis as a coach to help Yao (and Eddie) bulk up and learn how to be a big man in the NBA.