1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Keep TMAC, RON, YAO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by matac3, Jun 23, 2009.

1. matac3

matac3 Member

IMHO, I still want to see what this team can do with TMAC,RON, SHANE,YAO,SCOLA,BROOKS, and the rest.
    I would only look for a back up center and keep it that way till trade deadline. We still havent seen what this team can do. Just my opinion so blast me away houston!

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

No to Tmac,

Maybe to Ron

Yes to the rest.

DD

3. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

How many games will it take for you to see that T-mac + Ron don't work and never will work. They both need to have the ball to be effective on the offense and last time I checked there is only one ball on the court.

4. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Only keep it if we cannot get anything decent for Tracy. But, I'd take probably 50 different players league over Tracy right now.

5. Super Von

Super Von Member

I will be beyond pissed if Ron goes elsewhere.

But why keep Tracy? When will he even be able to play? If ever.

6. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

I understand your sentiments, but I'm curious to see how McGrady looks before he gets shipped out. I'm just not as convinced as many others seem to be that trading him away will net the pieces we really need to win a ring.

7. dragonz

dragonz Member

The only reason I want trade Tmac is 1 injure loving superstar is ok, but 2 injure loving superstars? the possibility to get "OOS" is too high, history has prove that.
    and since we prob wont trade Yao, Tmac is the one to go.

8. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i think it is underrated what a healthy tracy can do, yes they both need the ball but tracy is a great passer, it is also underrated what effect they will have on the defensive end with tracy, shane, and ron on the court, once again a helathy tracy, i'm not a tracy apologist by no means i just dont think there is anything out there to be gotten for tracy, his contract will become more valuable as it nears trade dealdline, and right now teams will try and under sell tracy's value in which they have every right to becuase of how long it has been since he has been healthy,

9. matac3

matac3 Member

I agree. Im sorry but I would keep Tmac over Ron. I know im going to get blasted for it but I still dont see any trade that will be better than Tmac

10. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

I think most likely we will keep them. Seems like the only players that are going to be traded (if they do), will be in the bench. Then again, you never know. I can see T-Mac helping us in the post season. If he misses the firt 20 to 30 games, then it'll be fine with me cause we all know that we can win without him. But I would like to see him back and helping us in the second part of the season, especially in the post season. :)

11. Roxxx4life

Roxxx4life Member

You think TMac will play before the trade deadline? It will be really interesting to see a healthy TMac-Artest-Yao trio. My only concern about TMac is his health. If he can't comeback from a less complicated surgery, how much more from a more complicated one?

12. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

I agree with the thread starter.

Yes, it is true that Tmac and Ron both need the ball, but both of these guys are damn tired of losing. Ron's Shooting became a problem because he would start throwing up shot after shot after shot. I'm sure Adelman (an offensive genius) can put Tmac in a rip hamilton system where he takes off the ball picks and catches and shoots OR catches and drives. This situation would have Ron handling the ball.

13. bjshot

bjshot Member

The question is who you will get from TMac? what's your realistic expectation?

14. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

i would keep ron and the rest
    but not T-mac he's gonna miss like the first 30 games or so.....

15. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

It sounds like there is a good possibility that McGrady won't even be playing before the trade deadline.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Tmac and Ron didn't fit before last season, didn't fit during the season and will never fit in any season.

They do not fit well together, there is only 1 ball on the court, they both need it to be effective.

And neither are all that efficient, I would not mind them both being gone.

DD

17. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Well at least Ron plays on the defensive end, T-mac only plays defense if its that time of the month.

18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Actually, I think Ron is much more effective without the ball - shooting set 3's and catching the ball in position to make quick decisive movements towards the basket. Mcgrady is a little different. He's a gifted playmaker. So, if he's on the court, the ball should be in his hands creating for others.

I think Artest took it upon himself to take on the playmaker role when it became obvious Tracy was about 3 steps too slow to drive and dish to anyone - which I'd say was within the first week, maybe the first game.

19. choujie

choujie Member

It all depends on Artest contract talk. Tmac has more talent when healthy, but Artest's contract is much cheaper, and his effiency is OK for NBA standards considering he shot 40% of his 3s. His TS% at 51.2% is OK.

I agree with you keep both of them is a waste of talent at that position, but we need one of them there,hopefully Artest, then use Tmac's contract to get good players for other positions and backups.

20. Pringles

Pringles Member

Well, last season (beginning), fans witnessed horrible playing by the team.

When the 4th rolled in, we saw Ron + Tracy + Yao at the same time. We lost quite a few games in the 4th quarter. Ron and Tracy both jacked up shots and forced things. Yao turned the ball over quite a bit.

We could hope that they can solve this issue by playing together more and having more chemistry. That didn't happen last season, obviously, because Tracy went out. You think we can wait for Tracy to heal (which is mid-season), and then hope those 3 players can have some chemistry going? (Right before the playoffs?)

Not to mention, we don't even know how Tracy is going to be playing in post-surgery form.

I rather just trade him and begin our building of chemistry in training camp.