1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JVG's book on Popovich

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Jan 28, 2007.

1. heypartner

heypartner Member

I said this over a month ago. JVG has Popovich's number like a b****. It is so obvious that the entire league has picked up on it. As SmeggySmeg would say, "the memo is out on the Spurs."

I said the last month problems the Spurs are having (relatively speaking to their normal dominance) started with the kroshya/red rowdies venture to destroy the spurs in their own house...that was soo freaking great.

here is the vid of us leaving the house in SA if you all have forgotten

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS9LE3CVXgM

That is why we are Rockets Fans!!

HOUSTON!!
    ROCKETS!!

DaDakota said, bullsh!t, prove it. That I'm making this up about JVG putting out the book on the Spurs to help others teams beat them to help us. I might need Rocket2K's help on proving it via video

I don't know if Jonathan Feigen watches the Spurs on League Pass.
    I don't know if Fran does
    I know Lopez doesn't. he is useless.

but here is the vidoe'-less memo on the Spurs of '07

Make Duncan beat you...that usually means you will be beat...but.
    When Parker drives...show him out of the lane.
    Understand that Ginobody will pass the ball. Make him pass it. Let him be Mr Team player. He lost a 1/2 step. use it!

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Member

All good points. Add on the fact that the Spurs are McGrady's b****...and that's why the Rockets can beat them in a 7 game series.

Great video by the way!

3. Matchman

Matchman Member

Sorry, Phil Jackson, Kobe Bryant and the Lakers did not read JVG's playbook today (probably because JVG hides it from Phil)

4. ericmark

ericmark Member

I wish Nash lost a 1/2 step.

5. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

That's because

1) The Lakers aren't that good. Hollinger rankings show that they're below the Rockets right now (record-wise) while they've had the much easier schedule, are about to go on a 5-game road trip, and despite losing Odom, haven't had the same injury problems we've had. Yao for a month and McGrady 8 games, Bonzi out of shape, SNyder broke his hand versus losing Mihm (a blessing if you look at Bynum's play) and Odom for a little while.

2) Despite that, haven't they beaten the Spurs twice this season? I remember once, not sure about the second time.

That the Knicks took two games from the Spurs when JVG was coaching them is proof enough. That was a horriffic team with their injury problems and no PG worthy of starting on an NBA team.

I wouldn't mind facing the Spurs in the playoffs. In fact, I fully expect us to take 3rd seed in the regular season, which means we will have homecourt advantage over them in the playoffs. If that's the case, bring em on, and I will place a bet that we beat them in 6 games or less.

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

iirc

Nash hasnt made it thru an entire season without going down to injury in a while.
    HE *is* getting older and (hopefully) cant keep up this pace for an entire season + playoffs

heyp

you got the last two Spurs tapes?
    You picked a good time to do this since we have so much time off between games, get me times you need.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

IMO, the Lakers lost because Walton and Kwame were out. Even though he doesn't always play well, I believe Walton is a key component of their team chemistry. With a full roster, the Lakers are better than the Spurs regardless of what happened today.

With all of that said, I still can't figure out how the Lakers let that game slip away. A good example of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

8. heypartner

heypartner Member

yes...but it is my head more than on tape. What I really want to show is the Spurs vs other teams on league pass.

I'm prolly not going to be able to do this ... this week....but we will do it. you know I'm smitten, right? but I got this down....this JVG has Popovich's ass is my main point this year...we will do this.

9. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

PLEASE I HOPE:

1st - Suns
    2nd - Mavs
    3rd - Rockets
    4th - Spurs
    5th - 8th DONT CARE

Because I want anyone 1st match and mavs in round 2. And I HOPE that spurs can take out the Suns and Rockets get Spurs in Western finals.

Would be perfect.

10. ultimatepaki

ultimatepaki Member

cant happen...the northwest division winner (utah probably) has to be in the top 4. but spurs can be 5 and take out jazz and it will be the same thing pretty much.

11. Nelly

Nelly Member

well even then nash is still good enough to get by you. he always said i might not able to out-quick you but i will out-juke you." or something like that.

12. okaylam

okaylam Member

go rockets! :)

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I never said BS, prove it !!! And, I do think the Rockets have a good matchup with the Spurs, primarily because of Battier...and his ability to guard Ginobli !

DD

14. heypartner

heypartner Member

yeah you did dude...I think Sir Jackie Chiles can find that post. It's not like I post much anymore.

15. heypartner

heypartner Member

oh,,,and Mango can find that post, too.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Hmmmm.....very strange....I don't recall saying it...but whatever.

So, prove it !

:D

DD

17. heypartner

heypartner Member

that's what you said wrt my point that JVG caused the Spurs struggles of the last month. You're right. I can't prove it, even with Rockets2K's help I've just seen it on league pass. teams are copying JVG

but what you say about battier on ginobody being the difference, is lame.

is that it? is that all you got?

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

You are the one saying that JVG has shown the league how to beat the Spurs.

And he has done it so well that they have the 3rd best record in the NBA at 32-14.

I chalk up their record to complacency, a lack of hunger for the regular season, and matchups.

The Rockets are doing the same things on defense as last year, only now, we have a matchup for the biggest mismatch against us...Ginobli.....and it is Battier.

But, whatever, you watch league pass, so I am SURE you know best.

:D

Why would you start a thread about something you can't prove? It makes no sense....believe me I know, my V-Mac threads got me blasted.

DD

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

20. heypartner

heypartner Member

so that's it? that's all you got.

Battier on ginobody,,,,

that's not right, dude. don't pretend it is. I will can Rockets2K on your ass.

Just say

GO ROCKETS
    GO JVG!

you won't do it will you.,

that's because you are an Idiot just like Batman said.

;)