1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just move up to get Sarr?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glynch, Jun 1, 2024.

1. glynch

glynch Member

How about 2024 No 3 and next year's 2025 best pick for No (I assume the Nets Pick) for Sarr.
    Give same offer to 2024 Number 2 if No 1 does not take him?

Jontro and hlmbasketball like this.
  2. a time to chill

No, stay at #3 and take a point guard.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

No, pick Sheppard.

Swapshop, persian hoopa, Bo6 and 15 others like this.
  4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You know what? I've had too much time to think about it. Trade the picks for players that can help us win now. Preferably an Allstar PF.

ApacheWarrior and Jontro like this.
  5. comrade

comrade Member

Trading out of the 2025 lottery would be a mistake

cml750, Bo6, BallSoHarden and 6 others like this.
  6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Reed Sheppard will never see the floor. Who is Reed Sheppard going to replace? He has to jump past Amen and Aaron. Dont come with that garbage argument about Amen playing SG/SF when just yesterday we were all in on him playing PG.

ApacheWarrior and Jontro like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What if Sarr’s just Covington 2.0?

We’re going to move up just to get Sarr CoV 2?

The Hunted, Bo6, Kevooooo and 5 others like this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sheppard gets the Holiday minutes and some Jalen minutes. Once Jalen is traded, more minutes become available.

Sheppard plays SG on offense and PG on defense. Amen can play PG on offense and SG on defense. No problem.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sheppard would be the immediate backup at the PG spot and in his 2nd season, he'd be the starter.

If Green stays one final season, you'd have Cam, Amen, and Sheppard off the bench the first season with Amen taking over the 3 from Brooks Cam taking over the 2 from Green, and Sheppard taking over the 1 from FVV the season after next.

Of course, this is all just on paper, the reality of the modern game is that many players have positional flexibility so what position they are playing on paper can be largely irrelevant.

You'd have Amen and Sengun largely being primary ball handlers with Sheppard as a secondary ball handler and having Sheppard, Smith, and Cam as off ball shooters as their primary roles.

10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Tell'em how you feel son! I would take Reed if we had a lower 1st rnd pick but not at 3. I think he has too many questions and we have seen these type players before; play well in college, only viable trait is shooting and unlike Amen, he can't play anywhere else.

I rather trade the pick or draft Clingan, if Sarr and Risacher are gone or trade back for Ware

coachbadlee likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, you wouldn't, because he wouldn't be available if you had a lower first round pick.

12. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

This is an awful idea, giving up a top asset to move up in a draft with no clear number 1 or 2 pick.

Bo6, BallSoHarden and clutchdabear like this.
  13. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Even a late lottery pick in 2025 has a good chance of being better than Sarr. He scored 10 ppg and 4 rpg in the NBL. Lamelo averaged 17 7 and 7 at the same age. The guy is still very raw.

14. No Worries

No Worries Member

I am having a hard time seeing why Sarr is a consensus #1 or #2. I see the high ceiling but also the low floor. Any team drafting Sarr, not matter where in the draft, must have high confidence in their development team.

15. cbass

cbass Member

Amen is the PG of the future, not that need or fit should be the deciding factor

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

If he was already a good shooter I'd be a lot more sold on Sarr. It's hard to tell how much you can project the shooting with him. He'd be a great fit alongside Sengun if he can shoot it, but I'm not sure that he can. Mobley had a similar profile when he was drafted, and he's still only taking 1 three pointer per game.

17. lpbman

lpbman Member

Edey had quicker shuttle run and lane agility times than Sarr. I'm not saying that makes him a better prospect... it doesn't. But it's a bad look to be slower at anything than a 7'4" 300 lb dude.

No Worries likes this.
  18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Think about what all the PGs, PFs, SFs, and SGs times Edey beat must be thinking. ;) His shuttle time was faster than Sheppard's, McCain's, Edwards', Sears', Ellis', etc.

No Worries, pippendagimp and lpbman like this.
  19. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Honestly, if Reed Sheppard just took Jalen Green's minutes, the team would vastly improve. Sheppard brings passing, defense and shooting. Green brings only slashing (in one direction) and he's very weak in his all around game. Nice highlight reel though.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

No way. There is a legit chance Sarr is available at #3.

For the record, I don't even want Sarr. IMO, the Rockets will trade the #3 pick if Sarr is available.