1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just lost my Driver's Licenses, credit card, debit card all in a day.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hoee Ass, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Hoee Ass

Hoee Ass Member

I was coming off from class today and I sprinted to the bus down so that the bus could get me to my car and I could drive home. I had to go home so I could get something for my camera. It was then when I drove right back to school, I didn't have my wallet with me. I checked my backpack, my apt, and then I tried to retrace. Didn't find nothing, I assume it would've been picked up and stolen. I really think its lost, I don't know the chances of finding my wallet going to Texas Tech. Man, I really feel like an idiot right now because I was carrying at least 300 dollars with me.

Immediately, I called Bank of America to change my credit card and debit card. But now, what I'm really worried about is my driver license. What if this guy who has my DL tries to call credit card companies to send him credit cards? I plan on getting duplicate DL this Friday because I'm busy with school. Am I being urgent enough? Or should I get a duplicate immediately?

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

i had my drivers license stolen a few years ago at a pool party at College Station. I believe mine was taken by some underage kid (i was 21 at the time).

I wouldn't sweat it. Most likely if someone took it, they are enjoying the cash.

3. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I lost my wallet in first year university, I left it on a bus....when I got it back from the driver she had stolen $40.......... I still gave her another $20.... I had everything in there and it would have cost me a lot more to replace that stuff.

4. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

About 6 months ago, someone broke into my locker at the gym I work out in NYC. The guy stole all my cash, but left everything else behind (including credit cards, debit cards, subway card, and even Social Security Card). I ordered an fraud protection on my credit report, but no unusual activity popped up. I guess I got lucky.

6. Hoee Ass

Hoee Ass Member

guess i'm not the only one

7. The_AzN

The_AzN Rookie

That is horrifyingly bad luck... :eek:

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

There's not much they can do with just your DL except buy beer (if you're 21). Typically, they'll need your social and a pin number to get new cards. You should be fine on that note. As long as you report all of them stolen, you'll be good. You can also get your DL online so you don't have to wait in line at the DPS.

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I wouldn't be too worried about it. If it gets stolen thats one thing. If you lost it, realize most people are not crooks. Some are too lazy to try and return it or if there is cash, they feel more compelled to dispose of the wallet and keep the cash.

10. Hoee Ass

Hoee Ass Member

I should've said this a few days ago, but a day after I lost my wallet I got an email saying a young lady found my wallet. So I went back to school to pick it up, and everything was still in my wallet (money, cards). Man I feel like the most luckiest sob, there are some good people in this world.

lesson learned, don't chase the bus with your wallet hanging out your ***. :mad:

11. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

thats what you get for taking the bus at tech. steal a bike or something. I'm always on the lookout for unlocked ones, so watch your back! :cool: