1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith signs with Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SportsWorld, Jul 16, 2015.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Clippers got better, but I think all the sexy names has some fans thinking they made a huge leap.

2. Zergling

Zergling Member

Who knew it was the end of the world because we lost Josh freaking Smith (even though we're going to get DMo back which is a significant upgrade over him)?

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

4. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

What's the defined role on the clippers? BENCHWARMER for DJ and Blake?

He could've been a starter here but he chose to be a bench warmer for LA ? Doesn't make sense. What the heck is going on man? He was arguably our 3rd best player especially in the playoffs.

5. Zergling

Zergling Member

He doesn't have a source. He's an idiot Morey-hating troll desperate for attention. Crazy he hasn't gotten banned yet

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Dmo going for 20&10 next year will settle everyone down. Relax.

7. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member

I'd put money in the tip jar if it did. No offense Rockets FTW I like your posts.

8. hakeemthagreat

Um, we paid him 4 million to sit on the bench and twittle his butter fingered thumbs. He hardly played because he SUCKS and should've never been on the roster to begin with. That roster spot should've went to Tariq Black. Dorsey should not be in the NBA

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He will be hurt. Tired of depending on guys like this I like his game though.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

A huge leap, no. But a substantial improvement? Absolutely. Basically trading Barnes and Hawes for Stephenson, Piece, and Smoove is unquestionably much better.

The Rockets have taken a step back. Absolutely 100% need to get a guard.

11. #1ROXFAN

#1ROXFAN Member

GET A POINT GUARD!!!!!!!!!!

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm surprised but not terribly disappointed. This team probably had too many inconsistent players on the roster to truly be a favorite in the West. Brewer, TJ, Smith and maybe even Ariza are all guys who can and do look like All Stars 20% of the time on offense but hurt you at least half the time. All these guys are great being the X-factors that all good teams need but if you have more than two on your squad you're probably heading for heartbreak at their hands in the playoffs.

My biggest concern now is we're back to being short on big bodies down low. If Morey doesn't make a move we'd better hope Dmo comes back 100% and Capela makes huge strides this summer.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well this really hurts frontcourt depth but hopefully improvement from Capela will pick up some of the slack.

14. magnetik

magnetik Member

Clips were worse than the Rockets in FT% last year as crazy as that sounds.. guessing they're gonna be even worse next year.

15. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Welp....This sucks, I'm honestly so confused if anything I thought Brew was the wildcard and Smoove was a lock to return at the beginning of FA

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Black would have been on the bench too. Stop it. It was a mistake to sign Dorsey because he was talking up the space for another bench warmer? Come on now.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I think Capela is ready to go. Looking forward to seeing him play.

It's just amazing that somehow we managed to get even worse in the playmaking department. We really going to just trot out Harden against the world again?

18. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member

Wait Pop plays against them that will be a 4 hour game

19. hashmander

hashmander Member

i'm glad he's gone. thanks for game 5, but still can't stand his game. he lowers the team bball iq by 20 points.

but that clipper team though. deandre, lance and josh. oh my god that has to be the dumbest trio on an nba team in league history.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Having a more trusted post option in DMo might help relieve some of that pressure and there's always a chance Bev steps up that part of his game but yeah, pretty much only Harden in the playmaking department.