1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wall’s value is increasing more than any other player on our roster. Should we trade him?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Feb 10, 2021.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

He’s our only pg but I think if you can get out of that Max contract you do it especially if they offering FRP. John is the only real obstacle to a rebuild because of his massive Salary. I’m starting to see trade scenarios pop up on multiple websites.

Plus if John goes I’m sure Cousins would want to leave too. Draft a pg, and front court help for Wood.

By seasons end the starting lineup could be

Wood
    (Insert pf or center from Wall trade)
    Tate
    Jones
    Porter Jr

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He’s not valuable because he’s making an absurd 45 mill per for the next 3 years.

If he were making 20, he’ll maybe even 25 mill per this would be a worthy convo, but it’s just not right now.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

How well you're playing is one component. How well you're playing relative to your contract size and length is a much bigger picture. Teams would have to give up $35M+ of value to take Wall. Seems like a tough ask.

Ramo$e, luckyman76 and Clutch like this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

wall, deepeaux, chuck hayes and a 1st for jems hardon

hakeem94, BamBam, Sanctity and 3 others like this.
  5. Mr. Space City

John Wall is gonna make $47 million a year in 2022.

The only way you're gonna trade Wall is for an even worse contract. CP3 had an awful contract, and was traded for an even worse contract with Westbrook, and Westbrook was traded for an even worse contract at the time in John Wall.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If we could swing him for an elite player like Westbrook I think you have to make the deal.

burlesk, rockbox, TheSource and 22 others like this.
  7. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

I'm of the opinion that having Wall on our team the next few years is going to help immensely with player development. Just look at how much better the team plays with Wall vs without.

All the young guys talk about his leadership, how vocal he is, etc.

Keep him, pay him. Get rid of Oladipo.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

We won't be able to get rid of this contract until it expires

burlesk, rockbox, JuNx and 2 others like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Not much of a question. 3 year super max left on his deal isn’t exactly something that’s screaming trade for. No idea where the thought of trading wall is coming from. It’s not happening. He isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

burlesk, luckyman76 and justtxyank like this.
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Blake Griffin come on dowwwwn

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That contract is a major facilitating piece down the road....Right now we've just started the rebuilding process. Besides, I don't expect him to play in more than half the games in any season.... so likely not until it's expiring...maybe a little sooner, though I doubt it.

luckyman76 likes this.
  12. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

We are fine with him.

hakeem94, jeevinesh and Zen Tabak like this.
  13. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Sure why not? Rockets ain't winning **** ever again.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hold the fort and be patient until we get healthy.

hakeem94, jeevinesh and Zen Tabak like this.
  15. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Rockets are more than likely stuck with him, and his contract for next 3 years. John is a facilitator so its not a bad player to be stuck with.
    I just hope rockets can start stock piling picks but Bring in a few nice looking young players with trades w/ leftovers they have on this team from Harden era plus dipo.

16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Ha. You see the thing with that ridiculous contract. No one will touch it for another two years.

luckyman76 and Rocket River like this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Same guy who thinks McGrady was better than Harden thinks Wall has a seller's market.

18. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

You could get a first round today or next year for Wall, probably. Provided you trade him to someone who needs a quality PG and are willing to take back 40 million dollars of **** contracts yourself.
    Like- Imagine 3 years ago someone taking Anderson plus another equally loathsome contract of the same value off our hands- we’d have traded for Wall and given up a first to make that happen. I can’t think of anyone with that much bad money on their books that would want him.

19. pass_to_Hakeem

Nah he actually plays hard and cares AND... is actually scoring. Oladipo I’d trade tho. We need someone who can play night in and night out. This inconsistency ain’t sh*t

Hemingway likes this.
  20. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

LOL wtf ? John walls value hasnt moved an inch since he got here. Hes averaging less than his career average and STILL nobody is touching that contract