1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Starks Hospitalized with abdominal pain!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Castor27, Apr 23, 2001.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Utah Guard John Starks Hospitalized

from yahoo

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Utah Jazz guard John Starks was hospitalized after complaining of
    abdominal pain.

Starks was admitted Sunday to Lakeview Hospital in Bountiful and was expected to check out Monday, the Jazz said.

``I only know what you've been told,'' coach Jerry Sloan said before Monday's practice. He didn't know if Starks would be available for the second game of Utah's first-round playoff series against the Dallas Mavericks Tuesday night.

Starks, 35, scored four points in 13 minutes in Utah's 88-86 victory Saturday over the Mavericks in the first game of their best-of-five series. A 12-year NBA veteran, Starks averaged 9.3 points, 2.4 rebounds and 2.4 assists a game after signing with the Jazz as a free agent last summer.

2. Swopa

Swopa Member

Hmm ... so who do ya figure has a Starks voodoo doll & is sticking pins in it??

------------------

3. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Member

I think he's still feeling sick from having his shot blocked in the 94 NBA Finals by Dream, and he can't tolerate the playoffs anymore because of it.

------------------
    Karma happens....
    Victoria Titans to win it all!

4. Steve_Francis_rules

Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be as serious as the cause of Daryl Strawberry's abdominal pains a few years back.

------------------

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

OH MY u are bad. . . .

Rocket River

------------------

6. Swopa

Swopa Member

Well, now the truth is out:

Starks had surgery to remove testicle

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2001/2001/0423/1184757.html

The way I hear it, after a couple of years with the Warriors and the Bulls, Starks said, "Man, I'd give my left nut to be on a playoff team again."

I guess someone was listening. [​IMG]

------------------

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Poor guy...did they really have to publicize the details?

8. RocksMillenium

Man I can't believe people can joke about this. They have not said what the problem could be, but with the removal of a testicle, it could easily be cancer or something. I remember when years ago something similar happened to John Kruk and he had testicular cancer so hopefully it's not serious with Starks. Actually I just read through the article and they said it wasn't an infection or cancer, so that's good.

------------------
    See the three, be the three.

[This message has been edited by RocksMillenium (edited April 26, 2001).]

9. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Member

Link from NBA.com

it wasn't cancerous...

but man... Unless it was malone or stockton, that would suck...

I'm gettin' weak just thinkin' about it.

rH

------------------
    visit: The Psychedelic Groove House of Rockets Basketball Love!

President, CEO & Charter Member of Rocketholics Anonymous

Jiizz Coach Sloan, "OK guys, after we practice layups, I want everyone to pair up with a buddy and practice your flops"