1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joe Biden's America

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SuraGotMadHops, May 12, 2021.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

this has to be one of the most bullshit posts I've ever had. Litereally no objective measure or hence people would agree. Both are old and should be disqualified no question, but to go as far as that???

Forgets its friday instead of saturday (vice versa), by the way for people that don't have weekends off aka campaigning candidates don't view it as a big distinction. Its common for people that work everyday to not give a **** about what other people feel is a weekend, even if so is not worthy of trying to equate gaffes like that to a walking zombie.

Biden has the least interviews and public appearances (and when so limited to few words) of anybody. This has been a vocal criticism from the democratic establishment that sees the train wreck ahead

You are so insanely biased

#4041 LosPollosHermanos, Feb 23, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
  2. juicystream

juicystream Member

He's too old to have early onset.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  3. juicystream

juicystream Member

In fairness, his long history of gaffes is a valid reason to keep him away.

4. Commodore

Commodore Member

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Not quite.

"Biden has held the fewest news conferences at this point in his tenure of any president since George H.W.Bush..."

"He also participated in the fewest interviews, 74, of any chief executive since Ronald Reagan, ... "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/10/17/biden-media-strategy-online-influencers/
    https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/21/us/politics/biden-public-appearances-media.html

Personally, press conferences and interviews are craps to me. I don't remember when was the last time that I listened to a press conference or a sit-down interview by a POTUS (or any politicians). Do a good podcast interview, like one with Lex Fridman. Not going to happen though. Outside of Trump, the POTUS media team has always heavily controlled the Q&A process, determining who gets to ask the questions and even dictating the type of questions asked.

6. astros123

astros123 Member

We have a such a serious press corps

7. juicystream

juicystream Member

Interesting given Reagan was the previous oldest President, and of course he did suffer from Alzheimers following his Presidency.

I do think Biden is likely slipping and it is a fair concern that he makes it fine through January 2029. The thing is, it is also a fair concern for Donald Trump. Biden at least seems like maybe he's getting more forgetful and inability to process, while Trump gets meaner and nastier. I really hate the political system.

8. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

basso likes this.
  9. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

He shall be Elon
    and shall be a good man
    and he shall be Elon
    in tradition with the family plan.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I'm sure they both are slowing down.

Trump, according to himself, took a test, which I believe is to screen for dementia or some other serious mental capacity issue. You wouldn't just take that test without symptoms. As of today (and even a few years ago), I can understand Biden. Half of the time, I cannot understand Trump. If I were a betting man, I would say Trump is more likely to develop a serious mental capacity issue than Biden over the next 6 years.

As for the number of interviews and press conferences, there is no good correlation to dementia or some other serious mental capacity issue. It's all guesswork. I can understand the suspicion, but it's just that. You can't diagnose someone from afar, and definitely not through snippets of clips.

Surfguy likes this.
  11. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

12. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

dmoneybangbang and astros123 like this.
  14. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I never said both should be disqualified the USSC will likely say that Trump cannot be disqualified under the 14th and apparently the constitution has no proscription against an indicted or old candidate being disqualified.

I’m am pointing out that one candidate has said and even attempted to undermine the Constitution. Trump directed his supporters to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power, wanted his VP to reject legitimate electors, has said he would ignore court decisions and would’ve done so except for those meddling members of his staff in the prior administration. Those are facts.

That doesn’t make Biden perfect but the other fact is few democrats wanted to run against him. At the same time few Republicans and more importantly republican voters are willing to oppose Trump in the GOP
    Primaries.

These aren’t opinions. These are facts.

Andre0087 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Yes if only we didn’t have that inconvenient thing like the Bill of Rights that prevents us from arresting and detaining people for long periods of time without trial and due process like in El Salvador.

Then again aren’t you claiming that participates in Jan 6 who engaged in crimes are being denied Constitutional rights? So is it only suspects you ideologically agree with that should be given deference when it comes to
    constitutional rights?

17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

I didn't realize we had to violate a criminals Bill of Rights to hold them accountable. Or are you implying criminals have a right to freely be a criminal?

basso likes this.
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I’m glad to see that you finally support holding Trump accountable.

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

I support all criminals being held accountable, not just Trump. That is the difference between yiu and i.

basso and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Good.

Now I’m curious. Did you suddenly have a change of heart, or were you lying when you opposed holding Trump accountable? Or are you lying now?

#4060 Amiga, Feb 23, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2024