1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jimmy gonna rock game 6, right?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by gogispade, Jun 16, 2021.

1. gogispade

gogispade Member

Harden spoiled us with him having good games after nights like this one, right?

I think he is taking Nets to the ECF tomorow with a monster of 40/15/15.

What does /dish think about that?

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

seems like you’re trying to troll, but if not, Harden is nowhere near 100% and probably won’t do sh*t unless he makes a few hobbled stepback threes

he has zero explosion or burst…I don’t think he drove inside the 3 point line more than 3 or 4 times all game

red5rocket likes this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Homie could hardly get enough explosion for that stepback 3 last night. Game 6 is going to be ugly.

red5rocket likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

if he manages 15 points on adequate efficiency with a good amount of rebounds and assists in 40+ minutes, then I think that’s about as good as u could reasonably hope as a best case scenario for him at this moment in time

red5rocket likes this.
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I think as long as he brings the defense and his high IQ, he should be alright. I can't believe Nash played him 40+ minutes last night. I get that they are desperate, but damn, he just came back from a hamstring injury. Seems nuts to me. I guess Steve adapted Mike D's philosophy that if he is cleared, he can play whatever amount of minutes he chooses to play him.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’ve seen the reasoning used that it’s better to be continuously out there and active than to sit for long stretches and have the hamstring lock up, and while it was 46 minutes which does seem crazy, Harden didn’t attempt to drive or spend time breaking down his man so it was basically 46 minutes of slowly dribbling the ball up the court to hand it to KD with a few stepback three attempts mixed in

7. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Nets should probably not even play him but that isn't going to happen. The way he was moving on the court screams trying to avoid a re-injury or aggravating the injury. Zero explosion and tentative steps. Either the wrap/hamstring/conditioning is restricting his movement or fear of injury is - either way that's not good.

After 2 days of listening to probably everyone screaming at them for not targeting Harden on defense more, I'd expect coach Bud and the Bucks to suddenly have an epiphany and eventually realize, "hey maybe we should attack Harden on defense!"

If that happens, it's bad news for the hamstring and the nets defense.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

for me the best case scenario is he doesn't aggravate the injury... everything else is just a sweet bonus

Reeko likes this.