1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin says he's OK with being Rockets' 6th Man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Play07, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's fine to have Lin as the 6th Man. But if that's the case, we should definitely start Omer.

2. bws

bws Member

Truly, Lin is not a superstar. However, he's a hard guy to assess. He played like a superstar through a stretch of games. He was extraordinary and then he came down to earth a but still showed flashes and stretches of super-star abilities and had some superstar games. I personally think he's going in a Nash/Stockton direction if he shoots better one day and gets more solid with his handles but he has a bit more of scorer's/slashers athletic speed edge to him than those players while not as much as K Irving/Westbrook/Rose, elite scoring guards. Bev strikes me as a shorter Michael Cooper type. If he pans out and improves, maybe he can get there. They can now just play their games, whatever the coach decides and he may flip-flop. I liked Bev's edgy after practice interview. He has a chip on his shoulder. So does Lin, but Lin has a different public delivery--he's more easy-going. But on the court they both play at times with a chip on their shoulders which is good.

3. Wushang_bj

Wushang_bj Member

Let's see how Bev will perform when he guards DR or Lilliard.

4. atwood

atwood Member

well said!!!:grin:

5. durvasa

durvasa Member

2: Kevin McHale and James Harden.

6. SevenMinuteAbs

Well Bev hasn't proven that he can. He hasn't really had to start against an elite PG yet.

But he will frustrate a lot of players and if that's enough to get them off their game, then i'm all for it. I just hope he doesn't end up in foul trouble early and often.

7. keldraco

keldraco Member

i guess he is leaving after his contract end?

8. Wushang_bj

Wushang_bj Member

and leave Rockets being a James Harden-type?

9. TTNN

TTNN Member

James and McHale, that's 2.

10. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

It makes sense. Lin will still get 20 to 28 mins. Probably average around 24 IMO.

11. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

I agree with you. Why couldn't Mac say this? Why does Lin have to say this himself?

12. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

He is on the right team to get noticed for that competition this year.

13. cw3k

cw3k Member

I hope McHale gives Lin the green light like Brooks gave Harden when Harden was on the floor in OKC.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

yeah looks like Harden, Parsons, Howard, and PBev will have a hard time putting the ball inside the rim :rolleyes:

15. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

I dont know why ppl are so butthurt over this nor do i see the "LOL" factor in this. We have a new mix of players and they're trying to see what works. Who cares who the starter is?

16. Cypress

Cypress Member

Yes we shall see [​IMG]

17. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

On that, I agree. He should be gone by end of the year anyway.

18. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Clearly many people, including Lin & Bev.

19. Pak14life

Pak14life Member

Very rare that a teams starting lineup stays the same for all 82 games. If Lin is sooooo good(Nash/Stockton good like some say) he will start again by putting up insane numbers against opposing second units.

Personally, I think he averages 29 mpg and finishes top five in 6MOY. Closes all games in playoffs.

20. LikeMike

LikeMike Member

Before the season I thought we had 2 weaknesses: the PF spot and no scoring creator of the bench.

If the twin tower experiment works out we can scratch the first one of the list. With Lin coming of the bench the second proposed weakness could actually be one of our strengths. Lin is great with the ball in his hands and he really can create for others. We need him on the court when Harden is out. Play him 30 minutes a game, let him close out games, but bringing him off the bench will help our whole team.

Again, this is not a demotion and this does not mean Beverly is better than Lin. This only means, Lin can help our team the most when he can run our second unit and still be in to close out games.