1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin says he's OK with being Rockets' 6th Man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Play07, Oct 28, 2013.

1. SeabrookMiglla

lin is my favorite player on this team, and i think this is a good role for him to play. suits him better as he is the kind of player who needs the ball in his hands, but with harden as the play maker this makes lin kind of redundant and hesitant.

one thing to look out for is the minute beverly screws up, people on this forum will be calling for his head like they always do when any player screws up. his weaknesses will be exposed with starting minutes, but in the general scheme of things he is there to provide stellar defense and facilitate.

as the season moves on, chemistry will build between different players and we will most likely see changes in the line ups.

2. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Settle down b****Bevis.

Oh and btw, just because his swagger doesn't look like your swagger doesn't mean he's without. Personally, I find him refreshing in comparison.

3. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

He was just responding to the prospect of coming off the bench.

I think Beverley is going to start but this interview didn't confirm anything.

4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This plus Keenum news makes for a stellar day.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Definitely I think this can work out. Lin fans need to realize that the 6th man role is a Big role, it really should be an honor for a player to be the designated 6th man.

6. SC1211

SC1211 Member

Yeah, I missed the quote where this confirmed he'll be coming off the bench.

7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

also casspi and garcia cant create their own shots. Lin will do that for them with 2nd team.

8. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

Who cares? He will be gone by the end of this season.

9. bongman

bongman Member

If Jlin plays like an all star, he won't get that starting job back. The starting position or the 6th man on this team was NOT given to the better or less player. But rather, the better fit for each corresponding group. If Jlin plays like Linsanity as a 6th man, and we keep on winning, there is no reason to change that lineup - we should keep it.

10. DR34MSHAKE

DR34MSHAKE New Member

It would be cool to see Harden and Lin hoisting the MVP and 6th man trophies.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Thanks Clutch, A++ moderating on this one :)

12. kumakun

kumakun Member

I despise McHale..... Why don't you have Derron Williams be a 6th man...heck why dont you just make CP3 a 6th man...
    This is just a copout so the Rockets can get used to Beverly before Lin gets traded. We all know where this is heading, putting Lin on the bench means he's disposable now. I'm just hopping Lin can end up on the Lakers or Boston when he gets traded now.

13. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Lin is the better point guard but Bev fits better with the starting lineup we have. I personally think Lin could flourish either starting or coming off the bench.

14. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I like Lin, but come on, DWill and CP3 are much better players than he is.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

Jeremy is a good player, but come on. None of the point guards we've had in recent years comes close to these two.

16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Lin is disposable whether he starts or not.

Lin is needed with 2nd team of rockets. He can be 2nd unit star in a similar role to how he flourished in NY

17. xiki

xiki Member

If this is how the rotation plays out I hope that not only does Lin embrace it but that he enable Harden extra time on the bench to reduce season long wear-and-tear. Like 5, 6, 7 fewer mpg?

18. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Bev is the better spot up shooter and he belongs in the starting lineup

Lin is the better ball dominating player so it makes sense to give him 30min a night off the bench with Asik, casspi garcia, and dml

19. xiki

xiki Member

The Rox have an option to make CP3 the 6th man? I'm in!

20. bongman

bongman Member

I don't think that the argument is that Dwill or CP3 is better than Jlin. Those 2 were the best players on their corresponding teams. Nobody puts their best player as the 6th man.